(Topic ID: 307205)

Flipper short with video. What would cause this?

By Djshakes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Djshakes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Djshakes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi all,

I've been away from pinball for a while and took on a project for a customer. Going to clear coat this IJ and pimp it out. First I want to make sure everything is working. I noticed the left flipper coil was weak and got really hot. I thought maybe a bad flipper opto board so I cleaned the optos and even swapped sides. Problem still persisted on the left. I noticed one of the diodes started sparking and shooting out sparks. I cut off the diode. I'm getting 68volts at all three lugs at rest and. .7 on orange and it 48 on other two when activated but at times it will make an odd sound. Eos switches all good and no mechanical binding. This is an electric issue. In flipper test it will not hold the flipper. I'm hoping this is just a bad coil causing this? I'm going to order parts so wondering if I need to get more than just the coil? See vid below.

#2 2 years ago

Replaced coil. Fixed it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Djshakes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-short-with-video-what-would-cause-this-?tu=Djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.