Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Would it be a good idea for a novice pinhead with low experience to try a flipper rebuild on his pin?
    If this is a bad idea, how long would it take a pro to complete a flipper rebuild? just trying to figure out cost with labor.

#2 12 years ago

Go for it! i did my first one late last year, and there is nothing to it. you can do it. Plus its a real confidence builder.

#3 12 years ago

how much time should i put aside for the job. keep in mind, it took me 10h to wax my whole pf. i think i work slower than most.

#4 12 years ago

You can do it under an hour. Just do one at at time, that way you can use the other as a guide.

#5 12 years ago

What game is it ?

#6 12 years ago

Maybe a good saturday afternoon if its your first time and you wanna take your time and learn...is it on your BOP? how are your flippers acting?

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

Just do one at at time, that way you can use the other as a guide

good advice!

#8 12 years ago

Don't forget to replace the flipper bushing.

It's never included in the kits, and it makes a big difference in tight game play.

Usually under a dollar.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

DE one has it, but agreed - it's nutty they are not as standard as sleeves.

#10 12 years ago

It is on my bop. the left flipper is week, and the right works good but must not be lined up right. As the ball roles towards the flipper from the side drain it bounces a little where it meets the flipper and messes up my shots. i figure a flipper rebuild is in order and its not too costly.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's never included in the kits, and it makes a big difference in tight game play.
    Usually under a dollar.

Hmmm.. This is something I've never replaced when doing my flippers.. I'll put them on my next order. What sort of difference would be noticed with a new one installed?

1 week later
    #12 12 years ago

thanks for all the advice, the rebuild went smoothly. the first one took me 2 1/2h to finish and the second took me 40min. Now i am one step closer to making my machine working at 100%.
    in the next week ill post some pics, cant wait to show my pinball brothers my first pin.

#13 12 years ago

Nice job. Good improvement from the 1st to the 2nd as well!!

#14 12 years ago

Don't forget the blue locktite on all the fasteners, either. Important for flipper assemblies!

Not only is the bushing often missing, the rubber plug on the flipper bracket is as well. Those do wear, and if they aren't the same size, can give one flipper more or less stroke than the other.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-rebuild-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.