• Latest reply 8 years ago by setzkor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wp3d12a77c.gif
DSCN3760.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider setzkor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi Guys, I'm in the middle of a flipper rebuild on Apollo, and have some weakness and buzzing on the right flipper (previously, both were buzzing). The EOS switch adjustment seems fine. Looking at the wiring, I'm about 75% sure that somewhere along the way, the right coil got wired wrong (the one with the orange wire). I believe that I need to switch the orange wire on the right coil to the middle lug. Can someone confirm?

Also, how snug should the coil be between the coil stop, presumably as tight as I can get it in there?

Thanks!

DSCN3760.JPGDSCN3760.JPG
#3 8 years ago

Thanks LTG, how do you think I made it this far Although a re-read did answer my second question, of getting the coil in tight. Before I had just skipped to the EM section.

However, I would still like some confirmation that I read the schematic right and that the long spring on the EOS switch should be wired to the middle lug for BOTH flippers. Currently it's just like that on the on left flipper. My best guess is a previous owner mixed the two up when they put in the new orange wire. All of the pictures (of similar coils) shown in Vid's post seem to indicate that the wiring on the right one is backwards, but before I break out the soldering iron I want to be certain.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks guys for the help, in the end, I needed all the advice. It seems both were miswired at the EOS switch (the return was on the short switch, thus keeping the power coil in circuit full time). Then by the time I was done monkeying around, the EOS switches were a disaster. Eventually I got them adjusted, but I think a new adjuster tool is in my future. All I know is that there was way too much soldering today, and not enough drinking and pinball. But at least it's back together with strong flippers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider setzkor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-rebuild-question-2?tu=setzkor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.