(Topic ID: 210658)

Flipper rebuild question, 1/2" washer, where does it go?

By Sparky2000

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My rebuild kit for our 1975 Bow and Arrow came with 2 Spring washers, 1/2". I'm not sure where they are suppose to go. I did not find a washer when I took apart the first flipper assembly. Homepinballrepair.com diagram for Bally flipper parts shows a washer at the end of the plunger where it meets the link assembly I guess keeping the spring aligned? The actual picture does not show a washer. SteveKulpa.net "how flippers work" pictures seem to show a spring washer between the brackets and the coil, which makes more sense, but I haven't seen mentioned. His pictures also show the diodes at the coil stop end, and I am thinking about switching my coil around where the diode is not at the coil stop end. It looks like a lot of kits don't even include the washers. I guess I can always leave it out....

#2 4 years ago

Between coil stop and coil.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago

I read through at least the first 15 pages, and I didn't see any spring washer. I just feel like I am missing something.

#5 4 years ago

Certain Bally's games had a unique flipper assembly bracket. On mine, the washer goes towards the front of the coil, by plunger. As viewed in reference to the coil solder contacts...the other side (non solder).

I found a mechanical diagram on the web, but don't have access to it @ the moment.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky2000:

I just feel like I am missing something.

Put it on one end of the coil or the other, doesn't really matter which. DE put it between coil and coil stop. Either end does the same job, holds the coil a little tighter.

LTG : )

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky2000:

I read through at least the first 15 pages, and I didn't see any spring washer. I just feel like I am missing something.

Sorry about that.

I alway put the spring wash between the coil and coil stop. remember to squeeze it tight. That will compress the washer. I forget that step on the 1st flipper rebuild and it makes a real difference.

post #13 from Vid's Guide

Quoted from vid1900:

When installing the Coil, squeeze the brackets towards each other as you tighten the cap head bolts.
You don't want the coil moving around robbing your game of power. Tight is what you want, no play, no slop.

4 years later
#8 3 months ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Certain Bally's games had a unique flipper assembly bracket. On mine, the washer goes towards the front of the coil, by plunger. As viewed in reference to the coil solder contacts...the other side (non solder).
I found a mechanical diagram on the web, but don't have access to it @ the moment.

I pulled apart eight ball deluxe and the spring washers were in this position ^. Couldn't find info to prove it though. I went through the parts catalog and they didn't mention the washer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The EM Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel, MN
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!