Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Silverstreak02
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

67E3F952-BA8A-4424-A868-1CAEC792FC11 (resized).jpeg
458AC72B-BC86-4751-80F4-E7C5797F1149 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

I’m rebuilding the flipper mechanism on my Gottlieb Jacks Open. I took both of them apart for a complete rebuild using a kit from PBR. I noticed a difference in the nylon piece that is attached to the silver bar thing. The new part doesn’t have the narrow guide portion at the end. This piece apparently helps to guide the assembly and keep it straight. Do I have the wrong part or is this somehow an updated part?

458AC72B-BC86-4751-80F4-E7C5797F1149 (resized).jpeg67E3F952-BA8A-4424-A868-1CAEC792FC11 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 months ago

Please post pictures if you can so you can get more help.

LTG : )

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please post pictures if you can so you can get more help.

Can you see them now?

#4 3 months ago

It is my understanding that was something they did away with as time went on. Basically they found it wasn't necessary and did more harm than good. I am sure others will chime in at some point but I have seen lots of Gottlieb assemblies without them.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from Silverstreak02:

Can you see them now?

Yes. If that extension doesn't do anything on your game. I wouldn't worry about it.

#6 3 months ago

http://www.pbresource.com/KT-GFLIP03AM.html

"If your current plunger has a Tail, this was the original Gottlieb® design. This design was supposed to avoid plunger hangups. It turned out that the tail caused more hangups than it cured. Gottlieb® later removed the tail to correct the problems it was causing. Thus the above plunger is the correct replacement part for your tailed plunger."

#7 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

http://www.pbresource.com/KT-GFLIP03AM.html
"If your current plunger has a Tail, this was the original Gottlieb® design. This design was supposed to avoid plunger hangups. It turned out that the tail caused more hangups than it cured. Gottlieb® later removed the tail to correct the problems it was causing. Thus the above plunger is the correct replacement part for your tailed plunger."

I knew I had read that somewhere but I couldn't remember where. I know only about 10% of the flipper assemblies I see have those "tails" on them.

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I knew I had read that somewhere but I couldn't remember where. I know only about 10% of the flipper assemblies I see have those "tails" on them.

All those brain cells I have leftover from the 70s are now an encyclopedia of pinball. Categorized and memorized.

#9 3 months ago

Thanks for the help. I used the new parts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 149.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Hardware
Police Force Spinner Out of stock
Tucson Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 36.99
$ 14.95
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside