(Topic ID: 242563)

Flipper rebuild on a Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard?

By lowepg

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

We have a CBW in a vacation rental in the NC mountains.

It’s the first non-modern Non-Williams/stern pin I’ve owned.

Guest reported a weak right flipper (a ball striking it will push it down, not enough power when flipping with etc).

My question is - how hard is this repair/rebuild? I’ve never worked on this machine and since it’s hundreds of miles remote from me- I might have to have my property rental maintenance guy repair it?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

We have a CBW in a vacation rental in the NC mountains.
It’s the first non-modern Non-Williams/stern pin I’ve owned.
Guest reported a weak right flipper (a ball striking it will push it down, not enough power when flipping with etc).
My question is - how hard is this repair/rebuild? I’ve never worked on this machine and since it’s hundreds of miles remote from me- I might have to have my property rental maintenance guy repair it?

System 3 flipper rebuilds aren't really "harder" than bally/williams, they are just different and therefore may take more time. Parts are expensive though

#3 4 years ago

The one real difference with sys 3 flippers is that the bushing is mounted on the bottom of the base plate for some stupid reason, so you need to remove the whole plate to get at it

#4 4 years ago

Call Steve Young at: The Pinball Resource
I believe this is the correct part # for that year pin.
Also,the set screw on the flipper shaft just may have come loose, just a thought.

Complete Kit Includes:

2 Plungers & Links Assy
2 Spring Washers
2 Return Springs
2 Coil Stops
1 Lever Arm Assy-R
1 Lever Arm Assy-L
1 EOS Switch & Cap-R
1 EOS Switch & Cap-L
2 Flipper Bearings
2 Sleeves
10 Screws
6 Split Washers
2 Retaining Rings
1 Allen Key

Part#
KT-GFLIP05
$67.80

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Also,the set screw on the flipper shaft just may have come loose, just a thought.

Yeah, or EOS is misadjusted, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-rebuild-on-a-gottlieb-cue-ball-wizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.