Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7545 (resized).jpg
621A96AC-2B95-4BD3-97BD-A9F77721F0FC (resized).jpeg
B00F11BD-197B-4BD9-8E18-39057044D06D (resized).jpeg
E0B2E8D6-C907-41DE-9896-4F863A339E02 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I was playing my SEGA Lost World when the white link that holds the plunger to the flipper assembly broke. I purchased a new flipper assembly (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7203-00) and while I was attempting to install it, the entire screw broke in half leaving the hex bolt permenantly stuck on it. I cannot find another hex nut like it. A worker at Lowe's told me it was a 10-32 hex nut, but when I purchased some, the hex nut was nowhere near as thick as the original meaning it can't keep the flipper in place. Any help is greatly appriciated!

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I was playing my SEGA Lost World when the white link that holds the plunger to the flipper assembly broke. I purchased a new flipper assembly (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7203-00) and while I was attempting to install it, the entire screw broke in half leaving the hex bolt permenantly stuck on it. I cannot find another hex nut like it. A worker at Lowe's told me it was a 10-32 hex nut, but when I purchased some, the hex nut was nowhere near as thick as the original meaning it can't keep the flipper in place. Any help is greatly appriciated!

Can you clarify which part broke? Maybe add a pic.
Someone has likely had this issue before.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Can you clarify which part broke? Maybe add a pic.
Someone has likely had this issue before.

The first picture is of the new plunger I bought. The white link broke on the old one.

The second picture is of the hex nut that I am trying to find which is stuck on the “screw”. The third picture shows the screw that broke when I was attempting to tighten the flipper bat in place.

E0B2E8D6-C907-41DE-9896-4F863A339E02 (resized).jpegB00F11BD-197B-4BD9-8E18-39057044D06D (resized).jpeg621A96AC-2B95-4BD3-97BD-A9F77721F0FC (resized).jpeg
#4 2 years ago

Just fine another bolt and nut that will work. I would just take the link and pawl to the hardware store in the loose hardware isle along with the link and pawl that is complete and find a bolt and nut that works the same.

#5 2 years ago

Allen socket head, 10-32 by 3/4" long and 10-32 nylock nut.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just fine another bolt and nut that will work. I would just take the link and pawl to the hardware store in the loose hardware isle along with the link and pawl that is complete and find a bolt and nut that works the same.

Quoted from KenLayton:

Allen socket head, 10-32 by 3/4" long and 10-32 nylock nut.

Thanks guys! This is very helpful.

#7 2 years ago

After purchasing everything, no matter how tight I tighten the but, the flipper will not stay in place. I’m not sure what else to do.

#8 2 years ago

Please post a picture of your flipper linkage assembly.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

After purchasing everything, no matter how tight I tighten the but, the flipper will not stay in place. I’m not sure what else to do.

You mean the flipper shaft is slipping? Show us how the pawl looks when it’s tightened all the way. If the sides of the pawl aren’t touching yet, you can always make it tighter.

#10 2 years ago

The pawl sometimes has to be tight enough to bend to hold the flipper shaft in place. It's counter-intuitive, because it seems like its TOO tight..... but that's what's needed. You probably got to that point originally since your screw snapped.

#11 2 years ago

You need a gap here when it is tight. If they are touching and it is not tight enough then it will never get tight enough.

IMG_7545 (resized).jpg

#12 2 years ago

tighten it more

#13 2 years ago

Problem has been resolved! Thank you everyone!

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Problem has been resolved! Thank you everyone!

What was it?

#15 2 years ago

I was trying to put a nut on it to tighten it together while all I had to do was tighten the allen socket head

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I was trying to put a nut on it to tighten it together while all I had to do was tighten the allen socket head

Doh! Well, now you know and your back to flipping! Glad you got it figured out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudsonville, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Savannah, GA
$ 6,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
$ 27.95
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountlake Terrace, WA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!