(Topic ID: 140852)

Flipper Rebuild - Am I Doing Something Wrong?

By jdoz2

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by EMsInKC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So I just got a decent skyjump and I just finished shopping it. I ordered the rebuild kit from PRB, but the flipper still have tons of chatter and don't feel strong at all. I know people are divided on high tapping a game, but I even did that and it doesnt feel as strong as it should. Any ideas?

#6 8 years ago

Oh...I think I installed everything in the kit besides the EOS switches. So that may be why they feel weak. The flippers can make shots, but have a hard time getting past anything mid-playfield. I will look at the cabinet switches as well.

Yeah when I hold the flippers up. I know that its kind of unavoidable, but are there things I can do to minimize it?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are they incredibly weak? You probably have it wired wrong. Check for binding as well (the flippers are tight against the bushings).
And yes, I'd put it on hi tap. I do that on all my EMs, gives it just a little more speed all around.

I guess I should have been a little more specific. Not so weak that it feels like its on the low powered side, just not as strong as I'd like. I havent touched any of the wiring to the coils or EOS switches (which I realized I forgot before I made this thread) yet. I high tapped my big brave I use to own and really liked the difference.

#13 8 years ago

I messed with this last night and both of them are very strong now. The right flipper is absolutely perfect with almost no buzzing or anything.

#15 8 years ago

Installed the new eos switches

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-rebuild-am-i-doing-something-wrong?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.