Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I've read around about this so not in total dark but wanted your thoughts. Bally 1995 (Indy 500).

Left flipper stays up after I press the flipper button. It continues after being turned off so mechanical. I think what's happening is I can feel a click towards the end of the rod going into the coil and at that moment, the flipper mech gets stuck until I push the bottom of the mech up (which essentially lifts the end of the flipper bat that is tightened in between to stay in place) and it no longer gets caught.

As someone who won't be able to further troubleshoot until tonight, I would like to put an order in now to replace. WHat do you think is the issue?

#5 6 years ago

Unfortunately it still occurs. When you say built out, what do you mean? As for the EOS I see that when I move the mech part of it hits that but I think it's intentional as it cause it to close/enact.

Took the spring off too and the click I feel happens with it off too

#8 6 years ago

Ok thanks guys.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

It can also be catching on the EOS switch.

That's exactly what it was. I went through everything and the flipper was really strong. Knew it was something else and the eos switch would rub against the flipper pawl when fully pressed. After some adjusting, it's perfect now. Very strong thanks.

#11 6 years ago

what I've noticed is that the blade itself (the length of it) the pawl hit it as expected. This allows the EOS switch to close. However pawl continues to move past the EOS blade which is resulting it in getting stuck. It's working now but you think I should replace coil stop and plunger anyway? I ask b/c the flipper works and is strong. That being said, it's not expensive!

Just want to make sure I understand.

EDIT I just bought the parts and will update just to be safe.

#14 6 years ago

thanks - ordered.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-question-left-flipper-up?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.