Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0661 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hello,
Since last Saturday I have a problem with both flippers on my Bally world cup 94 pinball.
Played the last game and got a tilt. After that game both flipper were dead.

Tested them in test mode and both flipper buttons do not register nor the EOS switch when I lift the flipperbat manually.

Flipper coil work in test mode.

Continuity between opto board and fliptronic board is good.

All fuses tested with DMM outside the holder. All good.

Swapped fliptronic board with the one from my Indiana Jones and same issue.

I'm out of options.

Thanks for the info and advice how I can tackle this problem

#2 3 years ago

Did you check that you have 12 VDC on J116-2 on the power driver board and 12 VDC on J904-2 on the fliptronics board.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Classe:

Did you check that you have 12 VDC on J116-2 on the power driver board and 12 VDC on J904-2 on the fliptronics board.

I tested the test points on the power driver board.

How do I test those specific points on the connector?

Red wire from DMM on that connector point and black wire to ground with DMM on DC voltage?

#4 3 years ago

Yes, and measure inside in the back of the cable connector (on metal ) when it's pluged in.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Classe:

Yes, and measure inside in the back of the cable connector (on metal ) when it's pluged in.

Thanks, Will try this after work.

3 months later
#6 2 years ago

Hi there - I replaced the flipper coil on the left flipper (it was sluggish) and decided to go ahead and replace the right flipper coil as well. Upon restart the game would restart when I hit the right flipper button - (I re-installed the new coil in with the same wire configuration). The right flipper would not work, so I re-installed the old one - no luck. Now the machine will power up but not launch a ball and neither flipper will work. I've check fuses, but am new at this so any help/guidance is most appreciated.

Other items of note (not sure it's related) would be that the D19 red light is OFF, d20 is flashing and d21 is on solidly - all other lights in the back cabinet are "on" - see photo

IMG_0661 (resized).jpegIMG_0661 (resized).jpeg
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from brainfroth:

Hi there - I replaced the flipper coil on the left flipper (it was sluggish) and decided to go ahead and replace the right flipper coil as well. Upon restart the game would restart when I hit the right flipper button - (I re-installed the new coil in with the same wire configuration). The right flipper would not work, so I re-installed the old one - no luck. Now the machine will power up but not launch a ball and neither flipper will work. I've check fuses, but am new at this so any help/guidance is most appreciated.
Other items of note (not sure it's related) would be that the D19 red light is OFF, d20 is flashing and d21 is on solidly - all other lights in the back cabinet are "on" - see photo[quoted image]

It makes no sense - now none of the coils will fire - start button does not respond and if I put a ball into play and roll into the goal none of the coils will fire.

Seems like a fuse issue - maybe?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-problem-with-my-world-cup-94-pinball- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.