9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all. This is my first post to the forums and I having a problem with the flippers on Granny and the Gotors. This is bewildering to me as to why they are not working. I have the schematics, followed all the wiring from the coils and buttons, all go to where they should. Quite simple actually, two wires from the flipper buttons go to one header on the driver board and there are two coil wiring leading to another header. Diodes have been all replaced, and the problems still exists using a known working solenoid driver board from a BabyPac. Almost seems like there may be a grounding issue on the board, but everything seems to be hooked up properly. What is happening is when the left flipper button is pressed, the flipper relay buzzes, there is small sparking inside the relay, and the monitor starts to collapse, as if something is sucking power. The right flipper does nothing at all. It does this with both solenoid driver boards. The way I can make it work is to cheat, disconnect the wire coming from the driver pcb at the flipper button and connect one side of the flipper button to ground, and the other side of the flipper to the coil, then the flippers will work ok, as you would by testing the coil by grounding it out. I would like to have this working properly though and not sure if this "fix" would damage anything long term. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-problem-grannygators and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.