Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by fatality83
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

This is relating to a 1989 Gottlieb Bone Busters. Every three flips or so, the left flipper will stay stuck in the up position. If I flip the right flipper, it will come back down. Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

Sounds like a mechanical problem, but to be sure next time it gets stuck, leave it be and power down the machine. If it stays stuck, it's mechanical, if it drops back down, it's electrical.

#3 12 years ago

The plunger could be mushrooming or you might just need a new coil sleeve and clean the plunger with some rubbing alcohol.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

If it stays stuck, it's mechanical, if it drops back down, it's electrical.

Try this first this will help determine the problem.The EOS switch,coil diode would
be next.

#5 12 years ago

It stayed up, so I guess it is a mechanical problem.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from mfvalenz:

It stayed up, so I guess it is a mechanical problem.

Check the flipper return spring,coil sleeve.

#7 12 years ago

Ok, take the coil assembly apart and inspect the end of the plunger for a possible mushroomed tip as TomGWI mentioned. If it is mushroomed, you need to bevel the tip with a file. You want to be sure the plunger moves freely inside the coil sleeve.

#8 12 years ago

Also make sure you don't have any loose screws on the assembly. While tightening them back down you can move the plunger back and forth to find where it moves freely the best, then tighten all the way. The slightest bit of change in alignment seems to make a big difference.

I've had flippers stick on all three of my machines. So far two mushroomed tips, and two alignment issues. Cleaning inside the sleeve and plunger definitely helps as well.

#9 12 years ago

check your spring. My bw did this and I noticed the spring popped loose.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-problem-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.