• Latest reply 1 year ago by Pookiegus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fuse (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
flipper pool schematic.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 1 year ago

Hello

My flipper pool has been working great until last night. The ball count unit went out of alignment again and I readjusted it and something happened like a shorting/buzzing sound and now the machine won't reset! I was able to manually reset the ball count unit back to the original alignment position.

When I hit the reset button the Start Relay activates and the lights go on. However the motor switch doesn't spin.

I know the motor is still good because if I feed it 25v it spins. I have checked all the fuses and they are good. The 10A 25V fuse at the front gets power when I hit the reset button. Not sure what to check next when I look at the schematic
flipper pool schematic.pdfflipper pool schematic.pdf

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Pookiegus:

When I hit the reset button the Start Relay activates and the lights go on. However the motor switch [sic] doesn't spin.

If the Motor doesn't run when the Start relay (S) activates, check this make/break switch on the Start relay (S)

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

Thanks Howard!

The Make/Break switch was working and adjusted properly. So I went to the Red and White wire to check for 25 Volts and it was dead. . .

So I ran a jumper from the fuse at the front to the red and white wire and the pinball machine started!! I moved the jumper from the bottom of the fuse to the top of the fuse and no-go again.

So it was the fuse all along! It looked fine! I have included a picture of the fuse so you can see that it looked fine/unburnt. I even checked it with my meter for continuity in the machine and it beeped, but when I pulled it out and checked for continuity it's dead! So strange. Must have burnt inside the silver cap!

Fuse (resized).jpegFuse (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-pool-won-t-reset-now?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.