Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by aahgo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi, I could use some help with Flipper Pool. Can someone please take a picture of the "Q" relay. Specifically, the switch stack & wire connections? Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

anyone?

#3 8 years ago

I don't have a Flipper Pool, but the schematic will at least tell how many of what type switches the relay should have. Over on the left in the table of relays, under the 'Contacts' column, it will list the count and form (e.g., 2A, 3B). A=normally open; B=normally closed; C=make/break.

So you can at least know what the switch configuration is. The wire colors can then be tracked down on the other side of the schematic, where each switch is used. Knowing how many and what type they are then helps know when you've spotted them all.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply, some past owner re-engineered the switch stack. I believe originally there should be two separate contacts, 1A and 1B with four individual blades/contacts/wires. This was redone into a combo switch using three blades (leaving a red/yel wire unattached). I want to restore it, and although I think I know which wires go to the NO versus the NC, I was hoping for a quick picture for confirmation.

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

Pm me I have 2 flipper pools

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for the offer, but I was able to figure it out. It's working well now. It's funny, when I first shopped this game out like 15 years ago I didn't notice the switch being rebuilt and the extraneous wire. I also don't remember it not playing correctly. But it was definitely affecting the scoring recently. Just goes to show you that its not just cleaning/rubbering the top side that's important for maintenance, but a periodic inspection/cleaning of the mech's and relays is a good idea as well. The recent addition of my lift table has made it easier to get access to the machines and is making that maintenance easier to to.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-pool-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.