4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tscottn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Parade Add Ball Count (resized).jpg
    C0606B0B-5655-4099-92AB-B43C702F3439 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Hi all , hoping someone here may have had this problem on a 60s Gottlieb add a ball. I have a flipper parade which I have managed to get running nicely except for one issue which has me going nuts. When you complete 1 to 5 sequence you are supposed to receive an added ball but on my machine it is a lucky dip. Sometimes one ball is won, other times you can win 2 or 10 , 12 or 12.I suspected motor 2c ( is the only motor switch with this circuit)as being too close but this was not the issue. Have checked all the relays associated with the five rollovers and the other sequence complete relays and have come up bust. Any ideas much appreciated.

C0606B0B-5655-4099-92AB-B43C702F3439 (resized).jpegC0606B0B-5655-4099-92AB-B43C702F3439 (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

I had a similar issue with a Cowpoke, it was adding extra balls. Turn out it wasnt reseting, fixed the bank reset, fixed the extra balls.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from jonno-oz:

Sometimes one ball is won, other times you can win 2 or 10

I had the same problem, went thru it a billion times, had it up here and with an old EM repairman, and never did solve it. Mine had a bit of motor wobble and that's the closest I came to a cause. I finally accepted the number of balls won as a fun surprise.

What makes it odder, of course, is that the bonus for hitting the lit roto #, essentially the same circuit, worked fine.

#4 4 years ago

There may be another possibility to investigate:
    Flipper Parade Add Ball Count (resized).jpgFlipper Parade Add Ball Count (resized).jpg
    The A/Selection Sequence relay can add balls and keep the Score Motor turning. Once fired the A relay holds itself on until the L/Sequence Scoring Control relay releases it. The L relay is an interlock relay. These can bind and become intermittent due to dirt or stray magnetism. It may be that your L relay isn't resetting reliably which keeps the A relay active which keeps the Score Motor turning and balls adding to the count.

/Mark

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

The A/Selection Sequence relay can add balls and keep the Score Motor turning. Once fired the A relay holds itself on until the L/Sequence Scoring Control relay releases it. The L relay is an interlock relay. These can bind and become intermittent due to dirt or stray magnetism. It may be that your L relay isn't resetting reliably which keeps the A relay active which keeps the Score Motor turning and balls adding to the count.

Checked that approx. 1.2 million times on mine. L is a simple latch on it.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I finally ssorted this particular problem out. Mark G was right, the issue seemed to have been the L latch relay was not releasing quickly enough. I cleaned and finely sanded the mating surface on the two metal blades of the relay, applied some graphite powder and also by adjusting the two screws that move the rt side relay, I manged to get the relay to just catch. This meant the relay would switch on and off with little power required. I had to adjust the contact switch very finely as there is less movement, but with the correct adjustment it has not missed a beat.

#7 4 years ago

MarkG solves the problem again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-parade-madness?hl=tscottn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.