(Topic ID: 148002)

Flipper Parade (Gottlieb 1961) gets cleaned up 'n fixed

By oldtowner

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I bought a Flipper Parade a couple of months ago - from a local antique shop in the street where I live, in Hastings, UK. The first pinball machine to turn up locally in the 15 years I've lived here. Now gradually fixing and cleaning. Three short videos here:

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

And here's Part Four.....

#3 8 years ago

Nice game. Good luck with the restoration. Thanks for the videos. Great pinball. Great artwork and animation in backglass. I had a Flipper Cowboy from around the same era.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments! Spent three hours on the legs/cabinet today. Just got some TripleThick for the backglass. More videos in a week or two.

4 weeks later
#5 8 years ago

Video Part Five now online:

Hoping I can get the pop bumpers back together without too many problems - I've printed out the online guides and it all seems fairly straightforward. Cleaning off the cigarette tar from the cabinet without damaging the paint has been tough, but I'm getting there.

2 weeks later
#6 8 years ago

Part Six now on YouTube:

#7 8 years ago

Great game! Hoping to get mine out and restored one of these years....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-parade-gottlieb-1961-gets-cleaned-up-n-fixed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.