Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

indent2 (resized).JPG
indent1 (resized).JPG
parade0001a-min (resized).JPG
parade0002a-min (resized).JPG
emissueflipperparade2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Just working through the various issues with my Flipper Parade. Most problems now fixed, but advice on this one would be appreciated. All pop bumpers sometimes score, sometimes don't. For one ball everything works perfectly, then a ball (or two) later - none of the pop bumpers score when hit by the ball. Then they might be OK for the next ball (or not), and so on. The bumpers activate correctly all the time, and light up (1 and 10 points) when they should. When they are scoring OK, they score correctly (1 when unlit, 10 when lit). But it seems to be random as to whether they will score with the next ball in play. I have the schematic, but don't really know where to start!

#3 7 years ago

But don't the pop bumpers work independently from each other? My problems is they all score, or none score.

#5 7 years ago

Just to make it clear ... All bumpers kick correctly at all times when hit by the ball. With one ball - all bumpers score (one, or ten when lit) .... with the next ball (maybe) no bumpers score, etc. While any particular ball is on the playfield, the bumpers are always consistent - they either all score correctly, or none score, until the ball is drained. So it isn't simply vibration that's causing the problem. It seems to me that the problem has to be (?) a relay that affects all bumper scoring together - but is unpredictable ball-by-ball. If I knew what that relay is called I could probably find it, but it isn't obvious to me from the schematic or from looking in cabinet and backbox.

#8 7 years ago

Hi Argosy, yes that's what I'm doing, but no luck so far. I'm hoping a Gottlieb Guru will point me in the right direction.

#10 7 years ago

Hi Rolf,

I hope to get back to the game (and my schematics) in the workshop tomorrow, but might be Thursday. Then I can send the photo of the relevant area on the schematic. Many thanks for offering to help.

#12 7 years ago

Hi Otaku - re: your first paragraph - yes, that's all correct. Regarding the two locking relays - I think that's right, I'll be sure tomorrow (or Thursday) when I get back to my workshop and the schematic.

#13 7 years ago

Hi Folks - well here are two pix of the schematic. Slight overlap. And just to repeat - bumpers kick and light correctly at all times. With one ball they score correctly, with another ball - no scoring.

Suggestions gratefully received!

parade0002a-min (resized).JPGparade0002a-min (resized).JPG
parade0001a-min (resized).JPGparade0001a-min (resized).JPG

#16 7 years ago

Hi Rolf. Not sure what you mean by 'the theory is wacky' - but I'll certainly try to find that SCM-1C switch, and check the IndexWheel /Score motor (Home position), tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestions - and Dr-of-Style too. If I have no success, I'll make a short video showing what happens.

#17 7 years ago

Well, I think I'm getting there. The curved arm that is on the switch stack bottom left of photos, sometimes does - and sometimes doesn't - drop into the indent/s in the top disc. When it does, bumpers score. When it doesn't, they don't. I can make the arm drop into the indent by turning the disc manually slightly when it stops. So ... I need to adjust the position of that curved arm slightly? Position of the switch stack doesn't seem to be adjustable. Should I maybe take the arm out of the stack, elongate its screw-holes so that I can move it back further into the stack? Or ????

indent1 (resized).JPGindent1 (resized).JPG

indent2 (resized).JPGindent2 (resized).JPG

#18 7 years ago

There's a video here:

#20 7 years ago

Thanks jr! I'll check that out.

#21 7 years ago

Hi jr - I found that label, which suggested that both of the 'dogs' visible from the top were in the wrong slots. however, if I had moved the problem dog, it would have made the situation worse. So I bent it very slightly- and problem solved. It now falls into the indents every time. No other problems - as far as I can tell from the one game that I had time for. So thanks everyone for your input - and no doubt i'll need your help again before too long! But I'm learning all the time.....

1 week later
#23 7 years ago

Hmmm - well from what I remember that means that two of the switch dogs are in the wrong positions, so there's been some incorrect re-assembly at some point - possibly in an attempt to alleviate problems caused by the 1C runout switch. Anyway, that's very useful info TimME. Now for the somewhat nerve-wracking (for me) job of disassembling various switches/dogs, adjusting/cleaning, and reassembling correctly. I'll start by checking that 1C switch. But not today - I've got the flu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldtowner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-parade-1961-pop-bumpers-random-scoring?tu=oldtowner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.