• Latest reply 11 years ago by Spudgunman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0693.JPG
DSCN0686.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have been troubleshooting a flipper rebuild on my BK2K due to improper wiring. After correcting wiring, and replacing diodes, I am not blowing any fuses. The lower right flipper works properly and the upper playfield flipper works, but does not hold. It seems to flip strong, but falls right back to rest position. The EOS switch is closed at rest and opens close to an 1/8th inch at full travel (new at flipper rebuild). I also just switched out the coil, but it hasn't helped. The flipper switch(lane change switch) from right lower playfield flipper seems to be working, as the lane change works during a game. I'm at a loss. First picture is upper playfield flipper, second picture is lower playfield right flipper.

DSCN0686.JPGDSCN0686.JPG DSCN0693.JPGDSCN0693.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Both EOS switches are new with the rebuild kits and gapped properly (the flipper/lane change switch is not new). Closed when at rest, open about 1/8th inch at full travel. I have followed vid's flipper rebuild post, and have confirmed with robertmee that wiring is correct. I just replaced both N4003 diodes this morning on the upper coil. There is nothing binding, everything works very smooth, shaft sizes match and the flipper shaft bolt is tight. Can I test the coil to see if it is OK?

#6 11 years ago

I have tested the upper and lower coils and I have 72V. I have started testing some of the transistors on the Main power board. Does anyone know what transistors may be affected? I can't find it in the manual. I have tested Q1 - Q4 on the main board, Q2 and Q4 seem to test properly, but Q1 tests .577V on one side but the other side just stays at .OL; Q3 tests .509V on one side and the other side stays at .OL. I'm not sure if this may be an issue with the flipper or unrelated.

#8 11 years ago

Spudgunman, it was after all the EOS "flipper switch" that was causing the problem. I ordered a new one from Action Pinball, as well as transistors, diodes, flipper bushings, a new coil, etc. just in case. But the first thing I replaced was the flipper switch since I noticed it was arcing a lot. I didn't realize until after I read Vid's post on flipper rebuilds that I should not have cleaned the old flipper switch contacts with extremely fine sandpaper. Thanks again to everyone with suggestions on several of my posts concerning this flipper rebuild.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Niagara Falls, ON
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epeabs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-not-holding-on-bk2k?tu=epeabs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.