Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pmuis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pmuis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello fellow pinheads,

I'm having a problem with my embryon but it's not an embryon specific problem. The upper flipper stays in the up position after releasing the flipperbutton. It does this 99% of the time, yet when I'm working on it and try to get it stuck by hand it never stays up. I'm soo frustrated because I feel like I tried everything. Before it was even an issue, first thing I did, I revised the flippers. New coilsleeves, plunger, coilstop, bushing, flipperbat, crank and spring. Something I allways do, and did to all 3 flippers. since then I changed the coilstop with an older one to test and another coilsleeve. I fiddled with it for so long now and it still gets stuck. I was reading something about magnitized parts and you could try if it grabs small metal parts. So I tried it and it does hold on to very small metal parts, but the other flippers, that work well, do the same. So I was just messing with some small neodymium magnets I had lying around and put them on the back of the plunger and that some how solved the problem. What the H does that mean? I made a video of it.

Thank you in advance for taking a look

#3 7 years ago

I fixed it by changing the plunger with an older one. Also the coilstop I "rough handled" before putting it back in. That would solve some magnetizing issues. Though I think the problem was with the plunger, I didn't really feel great about "rough handling" that and would recommend.

#9 7 years ago

The plunger wasn't very magnitezed while not used, as you can see it doesn't hang when I push it in with my hand. Very small parts could stick to it, but I tried the same with the other flippers and they could also hold a small iron part. But after using the flipper with flipperbutton on that flipper it's really bad. The plungers and coilstops aren't that expensive so I'll just change it out. I thought the p

3 months later
    #11 6 years ago

Thank you for the reply cudabee, I can't believe I didn't update this thread. I changed out the parts one by one. It turned out that the plunger got magnetized after the flipper activated. Swapped it out for an other one and it was fixed. Still kind of weird, I was working on it for so long how it could hang up there, pretty strong hold aswell.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pmuis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-magnetized-mistery-video?tu=Pmuis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.