(Topic ID: 158777)

Flipper Linkage, no more thin washer between link and E-clip?

By mg81

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I was fully rebuilding the flippers on my EBD and I noticed that the PBR complete rebuild kit does not include a thin metal washer to install between the link and the E-clip when attaching these parts to the flipper pawl(crank). I hope I am making sense about what part I am talking about.

In the past most of the Bally pins I have rebuilt had a washer present and I was able to steal it from the old parts, but this pin did not and it got me thinking.

My question is did people decide that washer was not important and no one bothers to install one. The post on the flipper pawl is still long enough to permit the installation of the washer before the E-clip.

Please don't take my question as a complaint about the PBR kit, it is very nice and the parts in it are first rate. I have and will continue to buy from PBR.

#3 7 years ago

Sorry, my question was not clear. I was wondering if the washer is just not necessary and that is why I am not seeing it in the kit.

Sadly, these are not what I would call a "common" washer. They are very thin, a standard washer that you would find in a hardware store is too thick.

I am happy to punch them out of a piece of sheet metal in my shop if they are helpful. I was hoping someone with more experience than me knew if the washer made any difference (better link life, less binding, better flipper action, etc.).

Thanks

2 years later
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

Sorry, my question was not clear. I was wondering if the washer is just not necessary and that is why I am not seeing it in the kit.
Sadly, these are not what I would call a "common" washer. They are very thin, a standard washer that you would find in a hardware store is too thick.
I am happy to punch them out of a piece of sheet metal in my shop if they are helpful. I was hoping someone with more experience than me knew if the washer made any difference (better link life, less binding, better flipper action, etc.).
Thanks

Just did one & the same thing. I just used the existing washer, as like you stated, it is thinner than a standard washer. I cleaned and it and discovered that it is teflon or plastic. I used it because there was still space to do so on the new link, as you also mentioned. I didn't want it to have play or be "sloopy." Scott

#5 5 years ago

I just go to Ace Hardware and get either a brass washer or nylon plastic washer. They seem to fit fine for me. I like to use the washer as it eliminates some slop between the pawl and the link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 179.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-linkage-no-more-thin-washer-between-link-and-e-clip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.