• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

Hello forum.

One of the flippers on my machine is behaving weirdly: If I activate the flipper (And hold it), and the ball hits it (with a reasonably high speed) the flipper kicks (hits the ball). This does not happen on the other flipper. Is there a mechanical adjustment that should be made? The machine is a Williams Lucky Seven.

Thanks,
Tobias

#2 9 months ago

Adjust the EOS (end of stroke) blade. This cuts off the high power and leaves the low power hold. Make the gap on the one acting funny look like the gap on the one working.

#3 9 months ago

Depending on what game it is ,I would check your end of stroke switch. When flipper is up , make sure the gapping is good. Also do you have a lot of play in your flipper link?

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Also do you have a lot of play in your flipper link?

Hello chad, I'n not familiar with the term "flipper link". Could you explain? Thank you for your suggestion of checking the end of stroke switch. I will investigate.

#5 9 months ago

On your flipper assembly connected to the metal shaft ( plunger) is the link, either bakelite material or nylon plastic type.

#6 9 months ago

I have taken some pictures of the faulty flipper:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sorVEbbmUB9Da1nL9

I can't see anything obviously wrong....

It seem to me like this is what happens:
1. The flipper is held at lower voltage (EOS is open).
2: Ball hits flipper. This closes the EOS.
3: High voltage is connected and kicks the ball.
4. The flipper is held at lover voltage.

So, it seems to me that the problem is that that the flipper is not strong enough in step 1? What exactly do I want to accomplish by adjusting the EOS? An adjustment would not adjust the ability to hold the flipper (I think).

Thank you,
Tobias

#7 9 months ago

I adjusted the EOS. This, indeed fixed the problem. First, I had over adjusted. I could hear the high voltage coil (I assume) hum when the flipper was held.

Trying to answer my own question in the post above:
I guess what you are doing by adjusting the EOS is, to make sure that the high voltage kicks back in as soon as a higher velocity ball moved the held flipper downwards. If the EOS is not set right, the high voltage kicks in at a later point in time producing a kick/flip.

Thank you for your help.

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from tobiasbp:

I adjusted the EOS. This, indeed fixed the problem. First, I had over adjusted. I could hear the high voltage coil (I assume) hum when the flipper was held.
Trying to answer my own question in the post above:
I guess what you are doing by adjusting the EOS is, to make sure that the high voltage kicks back in as soon as a higher velocity ball moved the held flipper downwards. If the EOS is not set right, the high voltage kicks in at a later point in time producing a kick/flip.
Thank you for your help.

Yes, you have. The eos switches should a have wiping motion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 22.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 399.95
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside