7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My Dr Dude has developed an over enthousiastic flipper
Movie explains it better
https://vid.me/u7fG

Does anyone have an idea in which direction to search for the cause ?
Or do you know what could be wrong ?

#2 7 years ago

Check your cabinet switch, and check your EOS. Make sure they are clean(rub an index card between the contacts) and spaced properly. What you have is known as "flipper chatter".

#3 7 years ago

Can't get to your video at work. If it's 'machine gunning' (keeps flipping when you hold flipper button) then you may have lost your 'hold' portion of the coil. Swap coil side to side to see if problem follows. It it does, check the fine (thin) wire on the coil lugs, it's probably broken somewhere near the lugs. If possible, unwind a turn or two, scrape off varnish insulation, resolder to lug.

Don C.

#4 7 years ago

you can also check to see if some of the coil lugs are touching. I had that problem on the ball eject, on my Rocky and Bullwinkle. I had set the playfield down on the front accidentally and they were touching.

#5 7 years ago

It was indeed the hold wire that was broken.
I managed to repair it.

Thanks for the help !

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for letting the group know what the ultimate fix was, people should do that.

Have fun!

Don C.

3 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Gents,
Just a quick post to say I just (proudly) re-solder the hold wire on my Pharaoh's upper mini-flipper, thanks to your posts!

Cheers!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from LittleLord:

Gents,
Just a quick post to say I just (proudly) re-solder the hold wire on my Pharaoh's upper mini-flipper, thanks to your posts!
Cheers!

This is what makes this site great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-keeps-flipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.