• Latest reply 12 years ago by stangbat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(1).JPG
flipper.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BinGhanem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I just recieved my AFM, looks fair, not the condition I was hoping for though.

I assume because of shipping some stuff need to be reattached and stuff but the main issue is the flipper feels weak and they are not in the correct position.

what should be done in this case ?

flipper.JPGflipper.JPG photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG

#8 12 years ago

thanks guys, well I'll have to work on it for a while and waiting for the parts.

adjusting the flipper didn't work, I believe the crank arm need to be replaced, I'll just rebuild the flippers.

when I adjust the bat and press the flipper button, the bat goes up and doesn't return completely back, it stays on a higher degree. with every press it goes more higher !!

not very happy with the purchase, but I'll work on it to fix some issues :s

#13 12 years ago

I'll try that again, already expecting new set of flippers. I'll take photos of the pin and the whole story after sorting couple of stuff with the seller

#16 12 years ago

flipper working now, just had a chance to try the pin, noticed two main things

- the left ramp do not record "Capture".

-when the saucer wall goes down, the target on the back drops down from the first ball, every hit to the center will just make the ball goes to the ramp without a hit record. I need to hit the left and right targets to get a hit.

is this how it supposed to be ? I think the back target should not drop down until the last hit.

#18 12 years ago

Hey mike,

Ill check that today and will let u know.

Thanks

#19 12 years ago

Looks like the ramp switch doesnt work, will try to adjust it, if that didnt work ill have to replace.

The option is set to easy but that is the default option by the pin. The only other option is hard, will try that.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are you trying to get some coin back from the seller?

not really, I saw pix of the playfield before buying, not happy with bolts used and some little stuff here and there, specially the cabinet, edges are not great and you can see the wood layers in some places.

I asked the seller to ship it to me to Dubai, but I was in UK when the machine was ready, so I shipped it my self, I was waiting for a refund for a shipping cost.

When I bought the machine, seller told me he'll restore as much as I want, depends on how much I'll pay for restoration, I asked to change certain things only, the rest will be my project.

A friend of mine sold his AFM recently, he was planning to swap his playfield with ceramic clearcoat. now he is offering me the playfield "cheap" since he don't need it anymore

should I go for it ? never swapped playfield before, but very intrested in trying

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

If you are going from not knowing how to adjust a flipper, to doing a full playfield swap, that is a massive gap. It's no easy task...it's a great idea in theory. But it's not for the faint of heart...

thats why I'm asking, I should hold my horses for now I guess lol

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

If it's cheap, buy it and figure it out later, as you will get your money back if you want to sell. Getting a AFM PF is getting harder by the second.

Yea I'll get the PF and swap it when the time is right.

I might sell my old PF, with some touchup, it should be good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (OBO)
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BinGhanem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-issue-with-afm-1?tu=BinGhanem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.