• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by rx2006je
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• 24 Stern, 2009
#1 3 months ago

My 24 started exhibiting a strange issue with the left flipper. The switch registers every time on switch test. The coil is buzzing and sometimes looses power and doesn’t respond and flip. Seems like a coil issue. Any input would be great.

#2 3 months ago

First thing I'd check is the solder joints at the coil lugs. Good joints ? Diode on tight ? This wires from coil windings to coil lugs - dig around them for cracks or breaks.

LTG : )

#3 3 months ago

Issue resolved. The previous owner had but a 15amp fuse on the flipper when a 3amp should have been used.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Issue resolved. The previous owner had but a 15amp fuse on the flipper when a 3amp should have been used.

That didn't resolve it. You weren't blowing the fuse so amperage of fuse didn't matter. Though it's best to have the correct fuse in there to protect the game.

LTG : )

#5 3 months ago

Well wonder then what changed. That is all I did. I checked wires all were good. Has been working flawlessly since changing fuse. Seemed like the coil was over heating and wouldn’t fire with the 15 amp fuse.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Well wonder then what changed. That is all I did. I checked wires all were good.

Most likely when you ‘checked the wires’ you moved them and made a better connection. Something at the coil is bad. Diode, wire connection or a red lead attached to the lug is not secure.

#7 3 months ago

The coils are no diode coils

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Newark, NJ
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 105.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.99
$ 7.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!