Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by exflexer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi, we just got our first pinball machine so we don’t know a ton about the inner workings of the machines, it’s a rollercoaster tycoon 2002 stern machine.

I have this new problem with the left flipper, if you hold the button, the flipper will go up for a moment then drop down again, and go up again and hold.. and after so long, it’ll go down again. It’s not every single time, it’ll start to act this way and then other times it’s normal. This just started happening last night. Any advice on how to fix it? I can post pictures of it tomorrow if that helps, of the inside behind the flipper. The problem affects both of the left flippers. I’m guessing a wire may have come lose and just needs to be soldered?

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

You may have a cracked diode or a coil winding wire that is broken. Pics may help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-issue-on-rct?hl=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.