Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

What's the best way to adjust a flipper / ball guide to get rid of flipper hop? My new TWD Pro has a hop when it's coming down the right inlane. Do I want to go after the ball guide or the actual flipper bat? I don't see any adjustment on the guide.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

What's the best way to adjust a flipper / ball guide to get rid of flipper hop? My new TWD Pro has a hop when it's coming down the right inlane. Do I want to go after the ball guide or the actual flipper bat? I don't see any adjustment on the guide.

You can loosen the screws holding the guide in and wiggle it a bit, but not much. Nothing you can do with the flipper besides adjust the angle, but if it's pointing at the right angle...

#3 6 years ago

Yeah, flipper angle and the ball guide itself are about all you can adjust. The ball guide is probably just sitting a bit low. Adjust it as zacaj suggested and you should be fine.

#4 6 years ago

I not sure what a walking dead ball guide looks like but if it can't adjust out I know cliffy has some modified ball guides that are just a little taller that will fix the hop.

#5 6 years ago

Had this on a TWD pro. I fixed it with the thin Titan silicone flipper rings. Worth a shot. Adjusting the guide was no go as the mounting holes had no play in them like older games.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I not sure what a walking dead ball guide looks like but if it can't adjust out I know cliffy has some modified ball guides that are just a little taller that will fix the hop.

I think it's a plastic one. Cliffys are great for the metals, gets rid of the hop perfectly

#7 6 years ago

I'm going to try adjusting the guide. If that doesn't work, I'll contact my distributor and see what she says. I have to call about a clearcoat issue anyway. I waited all this time to buy one because of the issues, but I got a 7/1/16 build date.

3 weeks later
#8 6 years ago

I'm going to try adjusting the guide. If that doesn't work, I'll contact my distributor and see what she says. I have to call about a clearcoat issue anyway. I waited all this time to buy one because of the issues, but I got a 7/1/16 build date.

Did you try the thin flipper rubber?

#9 6 years ago

Actually, I was able to loosen the ball guide, put some pressure on it and tighten it back down again. It's been good for a few weeks now with no issues.

5 months later
#10 6 years ago

Weird... I have this same issue on my TWD Pro. Makes it tough to time shots in the right flupper. Will have to try thinner rubbers.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
11 months later
#11 5 years ago

I know I’m bumping an old topic, but I also have a slight hop on the right flipper. I’ve tried adjusting my guide, but very little play there. It helped but didn’t solve the hop. Anyone have a link to the thin flipper rubbers?

Also comparing TWD flipper bats to my GoT & MET bats, TWD center of the bar is slightly higher then the center of the guide. GoT/MET bats are dead center of the guide.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I know I’m bumping an old topic, but I also have a slight hop on the right flipper. I’ve tried adjusting my guide, but very little play there. It helped but didn’t solve the hop. Anyone have a link to the thin flipper rubbers?
Also comparing TWD flipper bats to my GoT & MET bats, TWD center of the bar is slightly higher then the center of the guide. GoT/MET bats are dead center of the guide.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

Flipper Ring - Thin Standard

I also thought what about dremeling out the holes of the bushing slightly so you can shift it down more so it’s in line with the guide better?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52
Flipper Ring - Thin Standard
I also thought what about dremeling out the holes of the bushing slightly so you can shift it down more so it’s in line with the guide better?

That is a possibility, but you’d have to have some guts to do it. I hate doing anything to a playfield.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

That is a possibility, but you’d have to have some guts to do it. I hate doing anything to a playfield.

The bushing is a piece of plastic that goes onto the flipper mech. It’s a $2 part I’m suggesting modifying.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The bushing is a piece of plastic that goes onto the flipper mech. It’s a $2 part I’m suggesting modifying.

Oh the bushing itself. That makes more sense.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Oh the bushing itself. That makes more sense.

Yeah no idea whether it would help, but figured it would be another cheap try at a fix.

#17 5 years ago

Thin titan standards that Chuck linked worked great if there’s not enough play for proper adjustment! Worked great in my TNA, those things were not budging!

#18 5 years ago

I gave up on this forever ago because the damn guide has no play. I was too much of a wus to enlarge the hole. I'm going to give those flipper rubbers a try.

#19 5 years ago

I gave up on this forever ago because the damn guide has no play. I was too much of a wus to enlarge the hole. I'm going to give those flipper rubbers a try.

I ordered them a couple of days ago. The hop is so little, I have to imagine the flipper rubbers will work.

#20 5 years ago

I just wanted to update, I received the flipper rubbers yesterday and they work well in removing the hop. Also I want say how great Titan is. Fast shipping and great communication.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 26.50
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-hop-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.