• Latest reply 5 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

559F899C-D8BE-4300-B6BA-996A0B544DA7 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Trying to remove flippers from Gottlieb system one dragon assuming they just pull off is that correct?

#2 5 years ago

Not sure by what you mean by just pulling off. Under the playfield where the flipper coils are, there should be a pawl with two screws - they bite into the shaft of the flipper. Loosen both of those screws - if not sure, you can take them all the way out. When the shaft is loose (The flipper should move freely without moving the pawl) then you can lift the flipper straight out.

Sometimes the flipper shaft will have burs from the screws and will drag on the pawl - so there may be a LITTLE bit of resistance when pulling up on the flipper.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks. Yes I was trying to just pull them straight up off of their metal frame

#4 5 years ago

Still trying to get this flipper post all the way out any suggestions.

559F899C-D8BE-4300-B6BA-996A0B544DA7 (resized).jpeg559F899C-D8BE-4300-B6BA-996A0B544DA7 (resized).jpeg
#5 5 years ago

I have removed to Allen screws and it won’t slide through, is this something that is able to be tapped on through or is there any other suggestions? Thanks

#6 5 years ago

You removed the wrong 2 Allen screws. You see the part that the spring is connected to, it moves with the flipper. Look inside that piece for the 2 Allen screws.

#7 5 years ago

Yes I have taken out those two Allen screws in there I also was going to replace the coil sleeve it is gross. After you remove those two Allen screws is that black post supposed to slide directly through it went about a half inch And stopped. I do appreciate any help this is the first machine I have ever attempted to do any repairs on

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from bifjohnson:

is that black post supposed to slide directly through it went about a half inch And stopped.

It will get stuck from burrs on the shaft from the allen screws, so twist the flipper in a circle while pulling upward and it will slowly pull thru the metal paw and plastic bushing. Be careful not to hit yourself when it comes loose.

#9 5 years ago

Did you get the flipper shafts out? If they are still stuck, I've used a wooden dowel to tap on the shaft to get them through the pawl. Make sure you're prepared for the flipper to go flying somewhere, and make sure the flipper has not turned and got under a slingshot plastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-help-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.