Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JethroP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kharris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I got a call to see if I could fix a millionaire pinball machine that was blowing the fuse on the flipper board. Upon inspection I saw a broken upper flipper armature. When fixing that I saw the coil was melted and the terminal ends of the eos switch were touching. I replaced the armature and all three coils with the correct part number coils. Mad it so the eos terminals were no longer touching and fired up the machine. All is good with the exception of the upper flipper strength. While at rest if I put my finger on the flipper and push the button nothing will happen. If I let the flipper get half way before putting my finger on it, it seems to be fine. I took a video but don’t know how to post it on here. Any help is greatly appreciated. I don’t know if it’s a bad coil of what.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't the Eos switches on system 11s remain on (touching) until the flipper is engaged? You might be sending hold voltage rather than full pulse voltage to the coil. I'm going off memory here, so u could be wrong...

Yes I think the eos switch on the upper flipper is closed until the flipper is engaged. I don’t know what hold voltage and pulse voltage are can you elaborate please.

#5 3 years ago

I looked but didn’t see anything for weak flippers.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Flipper button leaf blade switches filed smooth and clean ?
EOS leaf blade switches filed smooth and clean and good tension holding them closed ?
LTG : )

That sounds like a good place to start.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Could the coil be wired backwards? Energizing the high resistance windings first?

I will look into that.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Could the coil be wired backwards? Energizing the high resistance windings first?

Looking at the coil there are 2 diodes on it. If it was wired backwards wouldn’t that blow a fuse? I’ve played 7 or 8 game’s on this machine after installing the new coil and have had no blown fuses.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If power and hold were switched, it wouldn't blow a fuse.
Post a picture of both of your flipper coils and the wiring so people can help more.
LTG : )

Will do the machine is at someone else’s house I’ll see if I can get over there sometime tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kharris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-has-no-strength-?tu=Kharris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.