Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Mando
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just picked up a new monopoly. It plays well but the flippers have a little give to them when a ball hit the end. The more momentum the worse it is. Here is a video wondering if this is can be easily fixed.

#2 11 years ago

Video unavailable. But, rebuild your flippers. Plenty of tutorials on how.

#3 11 years ago

Yea I noticed it hasn't come up yet . I can rebuild them just wondering if it's one part in particular.

#4 11 years ago

When rebuilding flippers, just install the whole rebuild kit and also buy and install new flipper bracket to playfield bushings. These are the pieces that the flipper bat pokes through and are not part of the kits.

#5 11 years ago

Video working now... It's barely noticeable a littl worse of the ball has more momentum. Really dont want to do a total rebuild as they work great otherwise . The sleeves are kinda Nast though going to replace them.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Video working now... It's barely noticeable a littl worse of the ball has more momentum. Really dont want to do a total rebuild as they work great otherwise . The sleeves are kinda Nast though going to replace them.

It's up to you.
After you rebuild, the game will play awesome.

#7 11 years ago

I'd look under and make sure all the linkage points are fine. The little plastic elbow i would check. Easily just visually inspect it against the other flipper and see if anything is noticeably different.
Make sure the stop and other parts aren't lose or need tightening. Do all the easy stuff before spending monies if you don't have to.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd look under and make sure all the linkage points are fine. The little plastic elbow i would check. Easily just visually inspect it against the other flipper and see if anything is noticeably different.
Make sure the stop and other parts aren't lose or need tightening. Do all the easy stuff before spending monies if you don't have to.

^ sage advice.

#9 11 years ago

I guess I should mention both flippers seem to do it about the same, so not sure anything in particular is "broken" or worn. but maybe they are both the broken the same

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I guess I should mention both flippers seem to do it about the same, so not sure anything in particular is "broken" or worn. but maybe they are both the broken the same

That just means they are both equally worn. It could be that where the flipper bat is held needs to be tightened. You could check that. It is an allen wrench type screw that holds it tight.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

It plays well but the flippers have a little give to them when a ball hit the end.

Do you mean slop?

#12 11 years ago

Yea slop I guess..there is a video you can see what I mean The flipper just goes down a tiny bit when the ball hits the tip and then returns to where it should be...not even really enough to cause the ball to bounce. I did tighten the bat, I would think if that was the issue it would not return to the proper position though.

#13 11 years ago

Ok..installed new coil sleeves, coil stops and washer problem gone. So worn stops were the culprit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-has-a-little-give and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.