• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150612_193954.jpg
20150612_193937.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Help please, I just installed a new rottendog flipper board on my LAH. I turned on the pin and the neither flipper working before plunging. After I plunge, the right flipper going crazy just constant flipping. The left flipper works during gameplay, then once ball drains neither work again. Fuses look good and two wire harnesses are on properly. Any thoughts? Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Here is the board I pulled out. Works 100%.

20150612_193937.jpg20150612_193937.jpg

New board I installed.

20150612_193954.jpg20150612_193954.jpg

Does something look wrong? Dipswitches are in the correct order according to the legend on the board. The only difference I see in the boards is the CN1 and CN2 connectors are opposite sides. I tried to reverse them but the holes don't line up. Please help!!!

#3 8 years ago

hmm. Put the original back in and verify everything is fine. Maybe you got a bad board....

#4 8 years ago

You're right. I did that and it works fine. The new board must be shot. Bummer!

#5 8 years ago

Also verify your dip switch settings....and make sure it was not set completely backwards..if that makes sense

#6 8 years ago

check dipswitch orientation ... I had a board (alltek) that had the dip switches mounted backwards so when I set them it was all messed up...just alternated all of them and it worked fine

#7 8 years ago

My understanding is that there was a batch of the DE Flipper Rottendog boards that went out with incorrect value transistors in the 9volt hold circuits. That caused "machine gunning" flippers and other weirdnesses.

You may want to contact the manufacturer (Rottendog)

RussM

#8 8 years ago

Yes, I contacted Rottendog this AM. Board was manufacturered 8/14. I'm waiting to hear back. Just got the bored yesterday and I'm bummed about it. I'll wait on a reply. Thanks everyone. I'll let you know but I have a feeling it's going back to the shop.

#9 8 years ago

No worries . Rottendog stand behind their products. Stuff can and does happen. They will make it right for you. I would just stay with the original. I only go with aftermarket stuff when OE is unavailable. Well except displays that is. Led all the way!
Either way... at least you can still play! Now go have a game and calm your nerves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-going-crazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.