By harryhoudini

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0513171640 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Have a FF project that I'm tinkering with. The game turns on, the power board lights up and all of the fuse LEDs turn on. There is absolutely zero display and zero sound from the machine. From a visual inspection all of the boards and components look good. I traced all of the connectors using the manual and they are all plugged in to the right places. I am assuming that if the CPU/MPU was working properly there might be some sounds on startup but then again without knowing it could be wanting a factory reset before any sounds play.

I don't want to just try to throw replacement part at it so I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction for ruling out the DMD versus the MPU. I assume those are the two questions since the power board lights up fully. I included one pic of an unused connector in the back box, I think it's power but I am unsure what to, I don't see where it would go and nothing was in the manual. There are a few other connectors in the cabinet that are unused as well. The lock/switch to the tournament scores (left side of the cabinet, front-lower) is broken as well, but I assume it would be turned off by default and obviously shouldn't affect the DMD.

Since the capcom games are a bit odd I don't really know what to do. I'm not an electrical wiz but i have a few DMMs and can solder.

https://goo.gl/photos/mG54iZLsjDCJVsBk9

Any help is appreciated!

0513171640 (resized).jpg0513171640 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

No takers on Flipper Football help, eh?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-football-no-display-no-sounds?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.