Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

256g0641.pdf (PDF preview)
09564172-DE31-4387-AE3D-8E0D62B79F89 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nethawk86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Believe it or not. I don´t make any money off the community with pin2dmd because the donations I get for the firmware activation are 100% forwarded to charity organizations of my choice. Commercial sellers of pin2dmd hardware even have the option to donate directly to these organizations and I give them the key in exchange for a scan of the donation receipt for free. I have a real life job to earn enough money. Pinball and electronics is just hobby for me, which I enjoy (except the idiots that come by from time to time).
Back to the topic. Which are the dimensions of the display area ? 130 x 520 mm ?

Its a 256x64 dmd. I found the Vishay diagrams for their display and believe that is the same or should be close to. I will measure my non working one to confirm

256g0641.pdf256g0641.pdf
#26 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Thanks for the datasheet. Unfortunatelly there are no suitable LED panels that can be used to replace that display size.
Using the 2mm dot pitch (P2) modules that are used to replace the sega 192x64 panels would result in a display size of 128x512mm and modules using SMD0808 (P1.2) or SMD1010 (P1.5) are not available with 64 pixel height.

What about LCD like colordmd uses for their LCD ones?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

PIN2DMD is based on LED panels. There is no LCD version. For LCD there is DMD Extender or SmartDMD

ColorDMD sells a capcom LCD screen. I am going to contact them and see if this can work. The dimensions of the screen are compatible with Flipper Footballs DMD. http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

#29 4 years ago

So after contacting and failing to purchase a DMD from pinsiders, I actually bought 2 working flipper footballs for $600 each lol. But I'm still a nice guy and still contacted colorDMD and am working with them on making an LCD replacement DMD for others. So for those who need them can get alternatives and not have to deal with the headaches.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nethawk86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-football-dmd-replacement?tu=nethawk86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.