Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220108_035716770_exported_12125 (resized).jpg
ff (resized).jpg
PXL_20211231_211259285.MP~3 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220104_134802~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220104_134504~2 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

Only 750 made. Bad rep amongst those who don't get it. This game actually captures what soccer is all about. Also this has to be the best multiplayer game ever! Just got mine, and this sucker is never leaving!

Plus Capcom knew from software and ease of diagnosis. Love this game.

Haters be hating, but if you know, you know.

IMG_20220104_134504~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220104_134802~2 (resized).jpg
#2 5 months ago

I was tempted to start a club for this, but just like for O1, it pretty much dies after a handful of posts.
Flipper Football is a GREAT GAME, but so many of them got parted out. Also my display is out gassed and I can’t play it for more than an hour before it totally gives out, so always looking for a replacement

#3 5 months ago

Ok, so. I've never been a sports person, so sport themed games never captured my interest all that much, but Flipper Football is super cool. I've also never noticed that the grass pattern is really all the names of the countries. THAT is really cool. Probably the coolest bit of artwork detail I've seen in a pinball machine recently.

#4 5 months ago

Was this the first game ever to feature factory added art to the inside of the cabinet?

#5 5 months ago

Classic Python...
Dunno if it was first side rail art, but it is the finest!

PXL_20211231_211259285.MP~3 (resized).jpg
#6 5 months ago

FF was innovative in more ways than art blades. Copycat jp00p would have you think it was his idea...

There are hidden messages in the playfield text, can you find them all?

ff (resized).jpg

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

FF was innovative in more ways than art blades. Copycat jp00p would have you think it was his idea...
There are hidden mesages in the playfield text, can you find them all?
[quoted image]

Python, what a legend. I’m terribly sad I didn’t get into pinball sooner before he passed. He’s a top 3 greatest designer of all time and probably one of the most visionary people to ever grace pinball next to Harry Williams himself.

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

There are hidden messages in the playfield text, can you find them all?
[quoted image]

What are some examples of the hidden playfield messages?

#9 5 months ago

I was just looking at my playfield. The only weird shit I could find was 2 instances of the word Kringle and one of the name Chuck.

PXL_20220108_035716770_exported_12125 (resized).jpg
#10 5 months ago

Yeah I thought there were more but just coming up Kringle here as well.

1 month later
#11 3 months ago

Hi All.
I know of a Flipper Football that is coming up for sale. Unfortunately I might break it to secure parts for Big Bang Bar..

Is there any parts that people would want to help off set the expense of buying the game. I understand it is fully working.

#12 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All.
I know of a Flipper Football that is coming up for sale. Unfortunately I might break it to secure parts for Big Bang Bar..
Is there any parts that people would want to help off set the expense of buying the game. I understand it is fully working.

That’s a waste, it’s a good game and they didn’t make many. What parts do you want for BBB? There are a lot of specialty parts that will not work for it

#13 3 months ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I was just looking at my playfield. The only weird shit I could find was 2 instances of the word Kringle and one of the name Chuck.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All.

If it has a topper, and you part it out, let me know!

#14 3 months ago

I’m looking for the CPU board - the Actel IC chip mostly.

#15 3 months ago

Topper.. you mean the football on the side?

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yes, that is the “topper” for this game. People keep putting it on the top but it goes on the side!

#17 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yes. Looking for the soccer ball that goes on the side.

#18 3 months ago

I love mine. Actual, i have 3 of them.

First one bought NIB back in 2006 from Italy, second one is a prototype (not many difference compared to regular) and the third one is waiting for restauration, it looks terrible and parts are missing. Plan for this is to convert it to my favourite soccer team (custom cabinet decals and backglass and some stickers for drop down targets, maybe some plastics.)

As you have all the countries listed in the software, I also thought about changing some into regular european soccer teams with a editor (like customs messages in WPC/WPC95 roms). As per Pfutz, this should be possible as long as the name is not longer than the original space and you should change the checksum to avoid failure message on starting.

With that change, you could play some Championsleague games or other local ones (Premier League/UK, Bundesliga/DE, Primera Division/ES, Serie A/IT,...)

But still a project, no time in the moment to do that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!