(Topic ID: 237315)

Flipper firing repeatedly, won't stay up...

By yyyyyikes

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by knockerlover
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Hi all.....

Just going back after years to my Centaur.

The right flipper fiires, and if you hold the flipper button down it drops and fires repeatedly.

Is this just a coil problem, i.e. is the low voltage coil part not holding the flipper up?
Should I just swap the coil over? All solder points and switches seem to be operating corrently.

Thanks in advance....also....

#2 10 months ago

Maybe the wire on coil.

Make sure the coil wire itself is solid on each lug. Also power wires are solid

Good luck

#3 10 months ago

I'd say coil issue.

If swap coils to see if that makes a difference.

If you are in need of early ss coil let me know part number and I should have one cheap if you're interested

#4 10 months ago

Thanks McPin, I had some spares stashed away somewhere, replaced it and it works.

Cheers for the support....now if only I could get someone to help me with a Say it Again lead....

#5 10 months ago

I recently ran into a similar issue on a data east machine. It turned out that the end of stroke switch was opening, and disengaging the high power.. but because a lead was broken off the capacitor the low power (hold) side was never engaging.

I would test the diodes on the low power side of the coil, and inspect all wiring connections.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside