Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Kirk332
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball-pro-subwoofer-desw.jpg
    boom.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3rdaxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

Just ordered a set of PP high output's for my T3. Should be getting them any day. One thing i can say immediately is the owner of the company, I think his name is Craig, is one of the nicest guys i have talked to and very helpful with any questions i had. I have been in the audio installation business both home and car for years and realize the importance of having good components with the proper crossovers in place. But that is just half the battle. Having a good class amplifier is just has important, not so much for volume but clarity. And getting those rattles and vibrations under control is just has important. I suggest the "sound tape" PP offers to shut that glass noise up dead. Noise like that kills any effort or money you invest. I will be sure to do a full review when i get them installed.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

I am not sure why you made this point.

Was speaking in general. No PP or FF do not offer an amp just speakers and yes all pin's are mono, i think...Actually i don't think there has ever been a pin with stereo, not sure but no i'm saying now you're putting bigger speakers on the same amp with cross-overs and volume controls etc...having a small external amp would not only increase sound quality and volume but would relieve the on board amp instead of straining it. I have been looking for a amp with high level inputs that is 110v ac but i haven't really found much. Have to check Radio Shack. I'll have to see what the PP's sound like when i get them in. The other thing i am trying to find is an external sub with high-inputs and an amplified high outputs for the PP's. I know i have seen these before. I am using an Earthquake sub with high-in's and it rocks the house lol. But it doesn't have high out-puts for the cabinet speakers.

#51 10 years ago

I have received my PP kit yesterday but haven't had the time to install it. Looks great and everything was well packaged. Instructions are straight forward and i am excited to install it. I am however still concerned about the Stern Sound board on T3 being adequate enough to deal with the added stress of the kit. I opted for the high power subwoofer, so that with the combined addition of co-axial mid's and high's plus an L-pad or volume knob and crossovers is a lot of extra electronics to push through.
    I have ordered an external amp if this is an issue just from past experience. Going to try this little gem which seems perfect for the application.
    ebay.com link: Hi Fi 2 1CH CD MP3 MP4 Stereo Audio Amplifier AMP Super Bass Music Power HX 168A
    I will install the kit as normal first with db meter in hand and post the results later

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Huh? Prefer? Use both!! Upgraded speakers and an external sub.

I second that, proceed to final motion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3rdaxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-fidelity-vs-pinball-pro-speaker-kits?tu=3rdaxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.