7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Kirk332
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinball-pro-subwoofer-desw.jpg
    boom.jpeg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

I have received my PP kit yesterday but haven't had the time to install it. Looks great and everything was well packaged. Instructions are straight forward and i am excited to install it. I am however still concerned about the Stern Sound board on T3 being adequate enough to deal with the added stress of the kit. I opted for the high power subwoofer, so that with the combined addition of co-axial mid's and high's plus an L-pad or volume knob and crossovers is a lot of extra electronics to push through.
    I have ordered an external amp if this is an issue just from past experience. Going to try this little gem which seems perfect for the application.
    ebay.com link » Hi Fi 2 1ch Cd Mp3 Mp4 Stereo Audio Amplifier Amp Super Bass Music Power Hx 168a
    I will install the kit as normal first with db meter in hand and post the results later

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

No its not a big deal. Hook up a powered external sub to Tron. It is unreal.

I have three powered subs hooked up to various pins, and I have also had one hooked up to Tron. The powered sub gives more bass overall, but I prefer the built in upgraded subs from PP and FF because you actually feel the bass more in that configuration, from the pin, than you do with an external sub. This should be self evident based on the fact that with an upgraded internal sub you need to use anti rattle tape, whereas if you use an external powered sub, you do not.

#53 6 years ago

Over the years since 2002 I have probably installed around 35 PP kits. Most of them were WPC and WPC DCS games. Most or all of the PP kits were bought back when they were owned and operated out of Florida. I have used about 3 or 4 FF kits. The FF kits were all for Stern machines. So I can't really do an apples to apple comparison, but the one thing that stands out to me is the PP kits seem to be easier to plug and play and have better instructions. Seems like the FF kits always have instructions for different machines and I have to pull out the manual to make sure the wires are going to the correct place. Same thing with the FF backbox lighting kits. Maybe it is just me; thought not exactly a noob to this sort of thing.

Personally for a game like MB I would go with the high energy from PP. No offense to Pupo because he is a great guy and I buy NIB from him...

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

but I prefer the built in upgraded subs from PP and FF because you actually feel the bass more in that configuration, from the pin, than you do with an external sub. This should be self evident based on the fact that with an upgraded internal sub you need to use anti rattle tape, whereas if you use an external powered sub, you do not.

Huh? Prefer? Use both!! Upgraded speakers and an external sub.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Huh? Prefer? Use both!! Upgraded speakers and an external sub.

I second that, proceed to final motion

#56 6 years ago

This may help those of you wanting additional instructions....installation videos!!!

www.youtube.com/pinballprospeakers

#58 6 years ago

If i ever got a tron pro in the future what would you recommend
    Would like a sound sample of a pp and ff in a tron to tell the difference

#59 6 years ago

Let me say this,

Michael Pupo ( Flipper F ) does this for a living, not just pinball speakers. He has an audio background and is the clear choice IMO.

#60 6 years ago

Has anybody fitted a FF kit to their Metallica LE yet ??

I went to install mine tonight and the supplied backbox speakers hit on the nuts holding the "M's" to the speaker grills .

Seems like it needs an extra spacer or something ??

I'll contact Michael and I'm sure I'll get an answer quickly but if anybody knows right now what to do and has pics then let me know as I want to get this pin pumping !!

6 months later
    #62 5 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

I will install the kit as normal first with db meter in hand and post the results later

Hi there,

Just wondering how those results are going?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 44.95
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside