Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yoshootme
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fivesixpyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Definitely improved my MET pro. Not so much loud but more balanced. The sub comes with one extra lead. One with more bass and one with less bass. Everything's wired and ready to go. takes 15 minutes. If you could build the wiring yourself I bet you can source everything for 1/3-1/2 of the money. But that's if you have the tools and skill.

Basically while it's nothing like an "OMG Home theatre type of awe" it's definitely a great although somewhat subtle improvement.

Edit: I got the basic 2 woofers and sub setup. not the Whole shebang! that's why it's subtle but you hear all of the game much better. sub isn't too overwhelming going this way.

#14 10 years ago

^ yeah I paid for the wiring harness. If I was still educated like I was as a teenager on car sound (18 years ago) I would have never done this. It's just tidy and takes the nerves away if you're not familiar with that stuff. I don't mind paying for stress free convenience. Just wondering what you used and was it hard to work a crossover into it? Without worrying about stressing the machine?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Hmmmm I have to disagree. In tron pro the sound is much cleaner deeper pure sound at all ranges. I actually hear sounds I did not w/ stock setup.

it is subtle to an untrained ear. also depends on the room and if it's damp (sound wise)

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Well, maybe you can tell the difference, I couldn't, but I am not an audiophile. For me, all the sound benefit came from the sub. Now, I only tested in my ACDC and XMLE because it was easy, just swapped the entire DMD/speaker panel. Not sure if there is a difference in the sound cards or programming between these two games and the older ones such as Tron and SM? At any rate, I love the sub in the Sterns and the whole shebang in WPCs.

It's like a sound bar. It feels the same if not just slightly better. But if you walk around the house you can really hear the audio more balanced. Yet is seems like it's a lower volume. People are used to the Dynamic home theatre difference. This will not do that, but you will hear call outs more clear. You can dial in the sound ever so slightly better and as Vtech said you hears the highs, the woofer gets the lows, but the midrange is WAY BETTER. Again, If you know your sounds and how to wire it. I'm sure some craisglist tweeters could do 100% better. But unless you understand all that and how to integrate it with pinball, I recommend at least getting their basic kit. Then after a while you just have to upgrade the tweets in the back box. CHEAP! amazon or w/e Not worth newbies or even those with a general idea of wiring and stuff (which I don't think I even have) but I'm trying to learn. to try to get better sound for the same $ or the same sound for 1/2 the price. Like I said, stress free and I did change the volume (met pro) on speech, gameplay and w/e they call the settings. tinker! you might be surprised!

#28 10 years ago

This is a great Layman's way of saying Don't mess with this unless you understand the basics. That's why I bought the kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fivesixpyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-fidelity-speakers?tu=fivesixpyro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.