(Topic ID: 82378)

Flipper Fidelity speakers - Is it worth it (Stern Ironman)

By nibre

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lllvjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

In what way will the sound improve with the Flipper Fidelity speakers? Clearer sound? Stronger bass? I have an Iron Man pinball. Will it be worth the cost? Or do the newer Stern Machines have a sound quality that is good enough?

#2 6 years ago

You definitely want to replace the junky stock cabinet speaker. Pull it out and you'll see just how bad it is. As far as replacements, you can get Pinball Pro (Greg is great), Flipper Fidelity (Michael is great) or a cheaper, non-pinball specific one like Goldwood. But yes, it will make a difference and will be worth it!

#3 6 years ago

I put FF speakers (back box and sub) in my IM. I was a bit disappointed when it was first hooked up. Sound was off and I had some horrible glass rattle that would not allow me to adjust the bass properly. I subsequently got some anti rattle tape for the glass and it sounds better. BUT what made even more of a difference was when I hooked the game up to an external powered sub (Polk PSW). Best add on ever for the price. Got the sub for about $90 and you can hook 2 games up to it.

The game sounds super with both the FF package and the external sub. But if I had to choose, I'd say just pick up the external sub.

#4 6 years ago

I've got them on my and I think it sounds assume. Anti-rattle tape on the glass is a must.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

The game sounds super with both the FF package and the external sub. But if I had to choose, I'd say just pick up the external sub.

+1 agree with that

#6 6 years ago

I would go with the sub first, it's half the price and makes a huge difference. The install takes 30 seconds. I hooked it up to my avengers and it feels and sounds better than my xmen, which has a ff system. I think where ff might excel is on the older games where the speakers really are crappy and due for replacement.

#7 6 years ago

Install external sub, done. Nothing else needed.

#8 6 years ago

Seriously on the just the external sub? I'm about to find out hooking up my Ac/dc which already has the FF pair in there. Probably a waste on the FF?

Can you get the alligator clips at Lowe's?

#9 6 years ago

Just get a sub. The Pinball Pro and Flipper Fidelity stuff is too much money and the sound quality isn't that great. Heck, I've had games suddenly DECREASE in volume with those things in there. A Sub for $100 or so and you're good to go, you'll shake the whole house down with one of those.

#10 6 years ago

I think you do yourself better by keeping the factory speakers and adding a nice external sub. That's what you really want. That deep pounding bass. And it won't rattle the machine at all.

#11 6 years ago

I LOVE the external sub in the IM fast scoring mode (after completing IM targets once), and in Jericho mode.

#12 6 years ago

I have ff and shaker in my xmen, no glass rattling.

#13 6 years ago

If u like bass try a powered subwoofer... There is a tremendous amount of hidden bass in the iron man game that stock speakers can't produce. I can hear it incredibly deep with my dr Dre beat pro headphones plugged into my game when I'm not using the powered sub. Will have it on display in my booth in Allentown.

Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside