• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200312_181145 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimgravina.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey Guys,

I wanted to know if these speakers are a noticeable enhancement over the stock speakers in Data East pins from the 90's. Nothing is wrong with the speakers I have now, and would only get them if they are a noticeable enhancement to the sound. I know they are not going to make the "quality" of the music and sound effects better...

Or are these something you purchase if your stock speakers are not working and you need a repalcment?

Thanks!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

if you are asking strictly about DE pins, I'd say they are not worth the expense. I was disappointed in the moderate amount of difference they made in my TFTC. I'd save some cash and order something from Parts Express, then add a cheap powered sub (or maybe start with that first).

Yeah, strictly my DE Back To the Future pin. Only pin I have, as part of a BTTF collection. Stock speakers work just fine (though a slight hum/buzz but I believe that’s a while other issue).

Just didn’t know if new speakers would make much of a difference.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'd look for a reasonably priced (used will work) powered sub. Grab the signal from your cab speaker via lamp cord or speaker wire. It will improve the sound enough to make it worthwhile.

Sub won’t be pushing too much low end?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Not with the crappy DE signal chain it won't. Doesn't matter how much you spend on speakers or a sub, it is only gonna help so much.

Yeah I guess that was my main question. Since the physical audio quality isn’t that great to start with, especially since there was not a ton of memory to store high quality audio files back then.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Anything is an improvement over stock speakers in a pin that old. Even generac ones. I have flipper fidelity in two of mine and pinsounds branded speakers in my T2. Drastic difference. Attached is a picture of the stock sub compared to the new one. If the pinsound board is available for your machine I highly recommend it.
[quoted image]

Oh. I assumed it would be the same size as the stock cabinet speaker to be able to fit no?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimgravina.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-fidelity-speakers-4?tu=jimgravina and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.