Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey was wondering if anyone had experience with the flipper fidelity speakers for ACDC was gonna take advantage of the black friday sale but I dont understand the volume control thing do i need it or not? Isnt the volume control in the coin door? I didn't notice on the website any explanation.

#2 3 years ago

No experience with FF but almost the same are the Pinball Pro speakers. The volume control mentioned is mounted in the back box and it tweaks the frequencies to get more or less high range to the front speakers, kinda like a tone control. Overall volume is still controlled at the coin door. Hope that helps.

#3 3 years ago

I have FF back box speakers in my AC/DC I believe they came with the volume control. I didn't do the woofer because I run an external sub, but the back box speakers made a big difference in sound quality over the factory speakers.

#4 3 years ago

Okay...first, a disclaimer: I'm a big FF fan since I put them in for the first time (in my LOTR). The first time the floor shook, I was a customer for life. They're in all my machines except WOZ.

I upgraded my ACDC speakers to FF...and yes, it WAS an upgrade. HUGE difference in bass response, and it smooths out the ringing high end on all machines, including ACDC. With that said, since he has allowed the option to buy the speakers without the volume control, I will probably pass on the volume control unless I have a machine that bothers me without it. It doesn't seem to be missing anything on ACDC, and I'll be putting FF in AFM and POTC in the coming months as well...without a volume control.

So in closing: My God, yes...get the speakers for ACDC. But the volume control? Not so much.

(I also added a Polk PSW-10 subwoofer after putting in the FF speakers, and there was no noticeable difference. That's how good the FF speakers are.)

#5 3 years ago

Thanks guys just wasnt sure on the volume control i have no doubt the speakers are better just seemed like an odd spot for volume but if its more like a treble i get it.

#6 3 years ago

hang on hang on. Is this an acdc pro or an LE/Premium? Because acdc pro needs updated speakers while the premium mainly needs an amp to drive the 12" speaker that's already there. I have already written a post on how to do all of this.

#8 3 years ago

That's a great tutorial, but why do that if he can get a set of speakers for $85 today? Much easier installation.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's a great tutorial, but why do that if he can get a set of speakers for $85 today? Much easier installation.

Because the quality is *significantly* better doing what my tutorial advises. The 12" sub with an amp driving it as I advise blows away an external sub as well.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Because the quality is *significantly* better doing what my tutorial advises. The 12" sub with an amp driving it as I advise blows away an external sub as well.

If you say so. I've learned a lot from you in the past, so I'll believe you this time as well.

#11 3 years ago

Has anybody just replaced the stock Stern speakers with the coaxial set from FF? Noticeably better?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Has anybody just replaced the stock Stern speakers with the coaxial set from FF? Noticeably better?

Please read my post (#4) above, which was summarily negated by Markmon's better suggestion. Supposedly...I don't know.

#13 3 years ago

It sounded like you didn't use the coaxial set since moving forward you were not going with the volume control? Sorry, confusion.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

It sounded like you didn't use the coaxial set since moving forward you were not going with the volume control? Sorry, confusion.

Maybe I'm the one that's confused. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside