• Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Yo Dawg (resized).jpg
IrM YD (resized).jpg
IMG_0886 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

ovfdfireman - Does pp have speaker clearance issues (depth wise) when used with speaker light kits on an AS (because of the power supply behind it)?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My Speaker Light Kits should work with any 4" aftermarket speakers on any games the light kits support: All Data East, most Sega and all Stern games from Back to the Future 1990 - Deadpool 2018.
On SPIKE and SPIKE 2 games the aftermarket speakers will need to have their spacer rings removed if they have them attached to the front of them and on SPIKE 2 games the factory speaker plates may need the bars cut out of them (or you can ask about my new SPIKE 2 replacement speaker plates), but if these things are done, there should be room for the upgraded speakers with the Speaker Light Kits (even with the power supply on the right side of the SPIKE games).
The only issue with aftermarket speakers that I have seen with my Speaker Light Kits is if you want to do the new "Yo Dawg" Speaker Light Kit in a Speaker Light Kit setup on SPIKE 2 games (SEE ATTACHMENTS)....and this can NOT be done with upgraded speakers unless the speaker's magnet is the same size or smaller than the factory speaker.
All of this information pertains to my Speaker Light Kits and may not be true for other knock off speaker light kits. I have also only tested with Flipper Fidelity speakers and Michael Pupo has always stayed in touch with me on how my light kits work with his speakers. He also offers small support touches like offering his speakers without the spacer ring attached if a buyer is planning on using a Speaker Light Kit with them. Having said that...after 5+ years and 1000s sold I have never had a reported issue of a speaker not fitting with one of my Speaker Light Kits, be it factory, FF, PP or any other aftermarket 4" speaker.
Doug (www.SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image][quoted image]

I like that Yo Dawg kit. Did you get any feedback on if they work with either FF or PP for Spike 2? I'm guessing that they wont - just the factory speakers.

Bottom line is that I have a set of Doug's speaker lights and his replacement speaker bracket for AS, and from his feedback, the FF speakers would fit with the spacer ring mod option. I might go with that, but it seems like the pp speakers are getting better reviews in this thread and they will be at the Chicago expo (hopefully having a show special on them). Does anyone have pp speakers with Doug's light kit on a spike 2 pin with the power supply right behind the right speaker?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm not sure how deep the spacer rings are that are on PP speakers. On FF speakers they are 5/8". My SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit adds 1/2" to the mounting depth on the SPIKE 2 speaker panel. Having said that...there is NOT enough room to mount my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit and a PP or FF speaker that has the spacer rings still attached to the front of them. IF the spacer ring is taken off...you will then need to cut out the bars that are over the holes in the factory speaker plates or buy my Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates. These Replacement SPIKE 2 Speaker Plates have the holes open so the aftermarket speaker's tweeters can go through them and they also center up the speaker hole in the honeycomb grill area of the speaker panel to give a better look. In either of these cases (cutting out the bars or buying my replacement plates) the aftermarket speakers will fit fine and actually have an extra 1/8" of clearance between the back of the speaker and the power supply than what they originally had with the spacer rings attached and no Speaker Light Kit.
As for the "Yo Dawg" setup....the additional "inner" Speaker Light adds 5/8" of depth....so it is a no go with FF or PP speakers (even if the spacer rings are removed). So that is limited to factory speakers only or at the very least replacement speakers that are the same size or smaller than the factory speakers in rear mounting depth. The "Yo Dawg" will also not work in Iron Maiden LE or Deadpool LE as they use 5 1/4" speakers instead of the normal 4" speakers.

One last ditch effort with the "Yo Dawg" … I'm not sure what the inner light kit ring is made of, but could that be put on the plunger side of your speaker plate (the opposite side of the speaker) with some sort of a ring on the plunger side to sandwich it in place … maybe even use one of the acrylics between the plate and the speaker grill for that? Just taking a stab at it because that looks pretty cool. Guessing that's a no go, but worth the wild idea.

Back on track … from what you said above, the pp speakers would also work with your plate if the pp spacer ring is removed (if that is possible) like the FF speakers. I'll have to look at them more closely at expo to see if that is possible and make the decision. If not … FF it is. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-fidelity-or-pinball-pro-1?tu=KingBW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.