5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ovfdfireman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I was wondering if there is a difference of quality/sound between the two sets of speakers for system 11 and WPC games.
    Flipper fidelity speakers are much cheaper but pinball pro has been in the business much longer.....?

Thanks for the info.

#2 5 years ago

It seems opinions vary, some insist on one over the other. But for any speaker to sound great, the sound track is key. In fact, some machines don't offer a substantial sound difference after being upgraded simply due to lack of sound quality in the sound chip itself. That said, comparing a Williams System 11, to a current Stern, there is a difference, and some even from one game to another (of the same era).

Pricing is comparable on complete kits, Pinball Pro has been custom making kits for years, and we are happy to build kits minus volume control (which saves money) and we have simple factory replacements options, also have kits that work with Pinsound upgrades (simply a kit minus crossover and wiring). But the full kits are comparable in price. We have just opted not to put every option on the website, but can easily customize.

Give us a try you will be glad you did....Pinball Pro offers full tech support, and our speakers are built to our specs to offer the best performance in a pinball machine. If you are not satisfied for any reason we will return it for a refund. I know you will love the sound! Happy to answer any further questions you may have, and thank you for considering Pinballpro.com

Greg Mockenhaupt
    www.pinballpro.com

PPS dealer/Stern Dealer

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It seems opinions vary, some insist on one over the other. But for any speaker to sound great, the sound track is key. In fact, some machines don't offer a substantial sound difference after being upgraded simply due to lack of sound quality in the sound chip itself. That said, comparing a Williams System 11, to a current Stern, there is a difference, and some even from one game to another (of the same era).
    Pricing is comparable on complete kits, Pinball Pro has been custom making kits for years, and we are happy to build kits minus volume control (which saves money) and we have simple factory replacements options, also have kits that work with Pinsound upgrades (simply a kit minus crossover and wiring). But the full kits are comparable in price. We have just opted not to put every option on the website, but can easily customize.
    Give us a try you will be glad you did....Pinball Pro offers full tech support, and our speakers are built to our specs to offer the best performance in a pinball machine. If you are not satisfied for any reason we will return it for a refund. I know you will love the sound! Happy to answer any further questions you may have, and thank you for considering Pinballpro.com
    Greg Mockenhaupt
    http://www.pinballpro.com
    PPS dealer/Stern Dealer

I've always used FF, but I'll tell you what...this is one of the most honest and well-said responses I've read in a while. And it makes me want to try PP in the future.

#4 5 years ago

He has a valid point. Crap in, louder crap out. Speakers will affect it to a degree, but the soundtrack will play a large part.

I haven't bought speaker kits from either vendor, but I ordered a met pro pin through mike at flipper fidelity. Top notch guy...I can't see you having any issues buying from him based on my experience buying a pin.

#5 5 years ago

Yep. Both great guys, both great products. Buy one of each, put 'em in two machines, and see what YOU think.

#6 5 years ago

I have pinball pro in 2 of my games (Next Generation and Batman Forever), I thought the sound difference was noticeable.

#7 5 years ago

Both companies are a pleasure and probably sound the same. The only true way to determine which one sounds better to you , which is always subjective to the listener, is to buy a set of both and use the same pin to swap each set and do a true controlled test.

#8 5 years ago

OK.
    Thanks.
    Only thing is, if they are both similar, why such a big difference in price?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22670
    http://pinballpro.net/shop/williams-system-11-kit/

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from ALJO:

OK.
    Thanks.
    Only thing is, if they are both similar, why such a big difference in price?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22670
    http://pinballpro.net/shop/williams-system-11-kit/

You are not comparing like with like. The first link is for a FF direct replacement system. I assume those drivers are the same size as the factory speakers. The second link is to a PP system with a larger cabinet sub-woofer. This is a closer FF equivalent to the PP system you linked:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3575

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

You are not comparing like with like. The first link is for a FF direct replacement system. I assume those drivers are the same size as the factory speakers. The second link is to a PP system with a larger cabinet sub-woofer. This is a closer FF equivalent to the PP system you linked:

Oh!
    Now I understand.
    So I'll try both then and will see which one is best for my game.
    Thanks.

#11 5 years ago

I prefer FF and have the full kits in two of my games. They made a very noticeable improvement, especially the base. I did buy a PP kit some time ago and had some aggravating problems with it. However, that was before the company changed hands, so its not likely relevant to what they have today.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Exactly, I will also add factory replacements do not include wiring, volume control, and crossover board. However we offer the replacement option as well.

#13 5 years ago

I take the opportunity of this post to inquire about a PP of FF upgrade kit for the new MMR.
    Is it somehow in the pipe ?

Thanks

#14 5 years ago

I have Pinball pro in TOTAN,CFTBL, and TAF. It is a BIG difference in quality. In the games I have them installed in, I realized more sounds that I never heard before. like on Creature, the sound of cars passing. On Tales, It's the sound of swords clinging when the ball bounces off the sling shot. And my Addams family the bass shakes to the sound of thunder so well, the game and walls shake.
    I play my games loud. The wiring is so minor my 17 old nephew could do it. I had a small issue with my pinball pro speaker kit and tech support returned my call in less then 24 hours. I have never tried FF speakers so I can't speak on those speakers. but they are cheaper and I have always believed in you get what you pay for.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I have Pinball pro in TOTAN,CFTBL, and TAF. It is a BIG difference in quality. In the games I have them installed in, I realized more sounds that I never heard before. like on Creature, the sound of cars passing. On Tales, It's the sound of swords clinging when the ball bounces off the sling shot. And my Addams Family the bass shakes to the sound of thunder so well, the game and walls shake.
    I play my games loud. The wiring is so minor my 17 old nephew could do it. I had a small issue with my pinball pro speaker kit and tech support returned my call in less then 24 hours. I have never tried FF speakers so I can't speak on those speakers. but they are cheaper and I have always believed in you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like our kits!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

I take the opportunity of this post to inquire about a PP of FF upgrade kit for the new MMR.
    Is it somehow in the pipe ?
    Thanks

Already done!

#17 5 years ago

I have a FF kit with a Pinsound card in my TZ and it sounds great. But I believe the biggest improvement (and best bang for the buck) is an external sub. Do a forum search and you will find a lot of info on this.

A Polk PSW10 is a great choice and you can hook up multiple pins to the same sub.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

He has a valid point. Crap in, louder crap out. Speakers will affect it to a degree, but the soundtrack will play a large part.

I cannot agree more, new sounds and soundboard is a must.

I think everything is resumed in Schwaggs' response:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/71#post-2582597

2 weeks later
    #19 4 years ago

Sorry but where can I find the kit ? Is it the same as the WPC-95 version ? I assume not but I prefer to double check before ordering one.
    Thanks.

#20 4 years ago

I've used both and am happy with both products. Used in all games I have from Pinbot and Grand Lizard up to Metallica, IJ4 and the pin2k kit as well. The better soundtracks of the later games benefit from the upgrade, plus the older games, most speakers may have done their time.....If the game is a keeper for the 140 or so its probably worth it......there are several mods out that are the same cost area or more. Install and directions for both companies have been easy to follow and after sales service from both is good too.

#21 4 years ago

PP has made no improvement on a couple games.

ff ALWAYS WORKED OUT FOR ME AND SUPPORT IS FANTASTIC

ff SEEMS PUNCHIER TO ME fyi, and I can understand sayings and heat dinosaurs for example I never did on JP for years
    and music much better

Oops...sorry for the caps lock thing

Some people prefer the external woofers...but space under my pins is always occupied

2 weeks later
    #22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Sorry but where can I find the kit ? Is it the same as the WPC-95 version ? I assume not but I prefer to double check before ordering one.
    Thanks.

Like many of our offerings, Pinsound kits, direct replacements, custom unlisted kits, we have much more than we can list on the site.

MMR is the same MM kit, but you receive no volume control, and receive a discount.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 103.00
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.00
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 208.87
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside