• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper Fair catalog page (resized).jpg
IMG_7499 (resized).JPG
IMG_7500 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

The wiper boards on my Flipper Fair do not match the ones in the 1964 Gtb catalog, so I'm hoping someone can take a look at theirs and see if what I have on my machine matches.

The round one (bottom pic) is for the green control spot unit. It isn't in the catalog that I could find. The shape of the other one (Balls to play unit) is in the catalog, but the holes for the wiper fingers are different.

On the round one, you can see that the wiper at about 2 o'clock is bent, preventing it from making contact. I'm trying to determine if that was to correct for not having the right hole pattern, or if the finger needs to be replaced, or what. (Funny, the yellow spot control unit's wipers are not bent! Same disk. So, WTF ?)

There are many things that do not work on this machine. A wiper that does not make contact because someone bent it could explain many things.

IMG_7499 (resized).JPGIMG_7499 (resized).JPGIMG_7500 (resized).JPGIMG_7500 (resized).JPG

#4 2 years ago

Thanks to you both

#6 2 years ago

So far, I've gotten the machine to reset. Lots to do! Half the bumpers aren't even working. The add a ball relay coil won't energize; the yellow and green step units need to be cleaned...

Someday, I'll get to play a game.

#7 2 years ago

baldtwit
Are the green and yellow steppers supposed to reset for a new game or do they just stay put for the next game?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The good news is that I don't think I've ever run across the wrong wiper on a stepper. Broken wipers sure, but not the wrong wiper.

You hit the nail on the head. I was talking to someone about the bent piece and he suggested maybe it was bent to take it out of the circuit because it wasn’t the right wiper.

Can’t imagine why someone would bend a wiper finger like that and leave it that way.

#12 2 years ago

Make that two bent and not noticed. New ones are on the way from Marcos, which is a good thing because one broke when I was unbending it. Still works without falling out, though.

#14 2 years ago

These are bent way too far up to make contact. Maybe he was testing a theory and forgot to straighten them out. Or, he gave up the project and let the machine sit in his damp garage until all the nuts corroded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-fair-wipers?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.