the_piece (resized).png
bumpers_q (resized).png
What_Went_Wrong (resized).jpg
Post-Naptha (resized).png
NapthaUsed (resized).png
69D29E5A-6B56-445E-8A37-1EF1CF045268 (resized).jpeg
example_of_illuminated_playfield (resized).jpg
drunkclown (resized).jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

Can I get a quick sanity check:

I tried taking apart my units unit and the 1 point relay which I saw had a lose(ish) connection. In doing so I think I've sufficiently borked my system.

My add a ball unit, 1 point unit, and unit unit score reel all just buzz hyper loudly unless I do some manual clicking of the 1 point relay. and even in that state I cannot get back to proper start up. It is a damn shame cause I am now worse off than before.

My thinking is I may have put the switches back in incorrectly to my 1pt relay. I have it listed but just in case:

inside switches (closest to wood) are top (furthest from relay) open; bottom (closest to relay) closed.
outside switches are top: open bottom: open.

Any help as always is appreciated.

everything_breakin (resized).jpgeverything_breakin (resized).jpg
#52 1 year ago

One of the switches on that relay may be firing the coil and the coils on the other units mentioned.

Poke around with a small stick or something nonconducting and see if opening a closed switch on the relay cuts the power.

Look for shorts and blobs of solder.

2 weeks later
#53 1 year ago

Hey,We’re finally working!!!
Thank you all for helping, and special thanks to zacaj and undrdog for responding VERY quickly to all of my questions. it’s been a blast working on this.
I’ve learned a ton, and despite my machine looking horrible (phase 2 is cosmetic) I can at least enjoy playing it now!
Biggest lesson is that EM’s are both VERY tough and very sensitive. You can repair things but keep a log of what you touched so you can backtrack

#54 1 year ago

Glad you got it working! FF is one of my favorites.

Some are more sensitive than others. This one sure is. Try a Williams machine next.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-fair-stepper-wire-w-o-connection-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.