Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Been working to adjust one of the flippers on my Atlantis and I've got the strength where I want it, finally. However, I'm getting some chatter when the flipper is fully engaged (when flipper button is pressed and held up) and I do see a blue spark at the eos switch. What is the proper way the eos should be adjusted in terms of when the eos should open and by how much at the end of the stroke? Should it open just when the plunger is fully extended or should it open sooner and how much should the gap be when fully open.

I did look at the other flipper and tried to match it, but still getting some chatter and the blue spark.

I'd note that on this game, the plunger was too long on this flipper, preventing the flipper from fully extending. I grinded it down so that it now fully extends like the other flipper. No idea why the wrong size plunger was used, but it was.
Thx

#2 1 year ago

Filed smooth and plenty of tension holding it closed.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

your EOS gap should be 1/8" when the plunger is fully engaged.

Quoted from LTG:

Filed smooth

NO! Bad! The new direction is magic brush...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games/page/9#post-3745446

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Filed smooth and plenty of tension holding it closed.

will refile the contacts. When you say tension, where do you mean, on the eos when closed?

#5 1 year ago

Won't help on burned, pitted, high power leaf blade points.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

When you say tension, where do you mean, on the eos when closed?

Yes, Tension holding them closed. Hard to pull the blades open. Things like that.

#7 1 year ago

The first thing is to ensure that the plunger is ground down to be smooth and square where it makes contact with the solenoid stop. Then, as stated previously, nice, clean points on the eos switch tightly closed and opening 1/8 inch at the flipper eos.

#8 1 year ago

I grinded the plunger a little too far and it's not hitting the stop so I think thats my problem. I'll have to order a new plunger or see if I have an extra somewhere. Thanks for the responses.

Edit: I added a washer to the coil stop to have it protrude into the coil a little more, the plunger hits the stop and the chattering has gone away as has the blue sparks. Problem solved.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
2,199 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Farmville, VA
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside