• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-907.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

For my education, I was looking at my TSPP , and the right flipper was sticking. I looked at the lug that normally opens the EOS switch, and saw that on the right, it's sticking but not actually doing anything, and in the left, an entire leaf was missing.
How do the little blighters work , and they do work well, when they are like this?image.jpgimage.jpgimage-907.jpgimage-907.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Replace the one that is broken off.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Ordered new ones for both sides, I was wondering why they still work? Shouldn't the hold function be compromised or at least the fuse blown if the high power coil only is being used to hold the flipper up?

Thanks

#4 9 years ago

You only have two lugs on that coil. The game knows it isn't working and cuts power on it's own.

LTG : )™

#5 9 years ago

I'm guessing you wouldn't blow a fuse right away, but I'd be surprised if the coils aren't heating up. Should be plenty powerful though

Disregard - didn't notice the 2 lugs. That's cool that the game can figure it out.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks. Very clever. I think I'll do a rebuild so it doesn't have to think so much!

#7 9 years ago

Read the manual (thanks IPDB) and, naturally, Lloyd is correct. The machine delivers an initial 4ms pulse, then continual 1ms pulses when the flipper button is held, and if the ball hits the flipper and tries to move it when catching a high speed ball, the EOS will be closed momentarily, and another 4ms pulse is delivered. This is opposed to the thick/thin wire coils I'm used to on Williams machines. So much fun learning new stuff! Now, time to burn myself with a soldering iron again doing a rebuild......

4 years later
#8 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

The machine delivers an initial 4ms pulse, then continual 1ms pulses when the flipper button is held, and if the ball hits the flipper and tries to move it when catching a high speed ball, the EOS will be closed momentarily, and another 4ms pulse is delivered

Amazing. Great design and well done. Thanks for sharing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-eos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.