(Topic ID: 210421)

Flipper dead now with new rotten dog board flipper energized!

By PoppyCock

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Okay, Whitestar does this horrible thing where it shorts out solenoids. I mean, other systems do it too, but Whitestar is really bad about it. You have to put in a brand new solenoid, and replace transistor 16, and do it at the same time. If you turn it on with only one replaced, you will blow the other. No idea why this happens with Whitestar in particular.

#4 6 years ago

Eh, it's still a crappy game . He needs two things: He needs to replace Q16. I've never gotten a Rottendog driver board for whitestar, so I don't know what transistors they use, but the standard one is p20n10. E-mail the rottendog guy and he'll tell you. He's nice. Or look and see what the left flipper uses (Q15) Second thing: He needs a new solenoid. It's a 090-5032-00. He needs to TAKE PICTURES before he disconnects it, as it's easy to put a wire in the wrong place, and start the whole problem over again. Make sure the white part of the diode points to the correct wire. If neither of you are comfortable soldering, it's better to find someone to replace both of these for you.

The important part to remember is to do both these things at the same time. Machine off, replace the transistor, replace the solenoid, and only then machine on. Otherwise you'll blow whatever part you just replaced.

For everyone on the thread who's like "Maybe the solenoid isn't bad, and he can save $10 and just replace the diode!", I'd rather play it safe with a newbie than get burnt by someone who doesn't know how to test properly.

#6 6 years ago

No problem. Anybody know the technical part of why this is so? I blew up a lot of transistors and not a few solenoids before I figured this out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-dead-now-with-new-rotten-dog-board-flipper-energized?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.