1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Seamlesswall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.03.42 AM (resized).png
    995f4b1a4f40238895e5b1a625ba651e847a81c4.png (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

My left flipper on my CFTBL keeps moving up every time I play which makes the game unplayable. I have the nut so tight that I am about to break off the head. InactualltbThe flipper mechanism is brand new. Should I wrap the metal with some tape and try that. Any ideas? Should I replace the mechanism. Thanks.

#2 1 year ago

Crank harder - I've only ever broken one bolt. Or new pawl - yours might not close enough over the shaft.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Sorry, this image is the first thing I though of when I read flipper creep...

995f4b1a4f40238895e5b1a625ba651e847a81c4.png (resized).png
    #4 1 year ago

Could be a broken flipper bat. I had a similar problem a few years back on my MB. The plastic to metal was slipping so that the pressure of hitting the ball caused the bat to rotate.

#5 1 year ago

This is what I thought of when I read flipper creeping up the playfield.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.03.42 AM (resized).png
    #6 1 year ago

Is the flipper bat new, so that the shaft is round? A worn flat spot on the shaft will want to rotate to that point.

Also, isn't a flipper creep that one really weird dude always hanging around pinball shows wearing a trench coat?

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from robey99:

My left flipper on my CFTBL keeps moving up every time I play which makes the game unplayable. I have the nut so tight that I am about to break off the head. InactualltbThe flipper mechanism is brand new. Should I wrap the metal with some tape and try that. Any ideas? Should I replace the mechanism. Thanks.

Replace the flipper pawl (the piece that grips the flipper shaft.) with a new one.

#8 1 year ago

You can also align it correctly and tighten it down enough to leave a mark from the screw then take it back apart and use a file to make a flat spot where the screw grips then put it back together.

#9 1 year ago

If none of the tips above work or you didn’t want to try, switch flippers...move right to left and left to right.

#10 1 year ago

Someone mentioned to me once to scratch up with emory cloth the flipper shaft, obviously just where it meets with the clamp part not the whole shaft.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!