5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Flipper Contrast”

• High Contrast 1 vote
      11%
    • Low Contrast 0 votes
    • Depends on the Game 3 votes
      33%
    • Keep 'em Stock 5 votes
      56%

(9 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flippers_lotr (resized).jpg
    flippers_shadow (resized).jpg
    flippers_gb (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I was curious if people like to have high contrast flippers (Bats and/or Rubbers) so they stand out? Or, if people like low(er) contrast so that they blend into the game?

I thought I'd post some pictures of some of my flippers that I have changed from stock just as a talking point. Feel free to post your own to help illustrate your likes.

The Shadow - Kept with the "gold" of the ramps and habitrails and accented with purple rubber for a little contrast:
    flippers_shadow (resized).jpgflippers_shadow (resized).jpg

Lord of the Rings - Kept with the "gold" of the ramps and habitrails and accented with red rubber to match the plastic and apron, but contrast to the green on the playfield:
    flippers_lotr (resized).jpgflippers_lotr (resized).jpg

Ghostbusters - Still experimenting, but went with the "trap" topper and green rubber for higher contrast:
    flippers_gb (resized).jpgflippers_gb (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

I like the contrast with flippers i do it on most my games but some i just have stock flippers with coloured rubbers

#3 5 years ago

I'll go stock here.
    I think any flippers with graphics/theme stickers or whatever these days just look horrible. Embarrassing.

#4 5 years ago

I wouldn’t say any of those examples have much contrast. They’re all colored bats with dark rubber on predominantly dark artwork. I prefer a white or yellow bat with a rubber color that really pops compared to the surrounding art. That’s contrast to me, as a player.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-contrast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.