1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by sunarf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I have a Capt Fantastic and according to the schematics, all four of the flipper coils should be a 25-500/28-1000. But on my machine, two of them (upper left and lower right) have been changed to a 25-600/28-800.

Could anyone tell me which of these coils has more power going to the flipper? I would like to change out the two 'wrong' ones, but I don't want to lose power if the 'right' ones are weaker.

Thank you

#2 1 year ago

Since wire gauges are the same for both, number of turns is the only difference. Less turns = less resistance = more power. More turns = more resistance = less power.

If you look at the chart linked below, you'll find that the current coils are weaker than factory for the power circuit, 600 turns compared to factory 500 and the hold side is stronger, 800-1000. I would absolutely replace them.

https://flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I would absolutely replace them.

Thanks for the reply. That chart helps clarify what the numbers stand for.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-coils-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.